This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of horn bottons and emblems

I have a bunch of horn buttons and other scrips stuck to the shop wall for inspiration. A few are Stude items, but a lot are GM stuff. These are from back when this area had a few abandoned junk yards in it. All are gone now.

Anyway, one emblem was actually given to me. I have had to for 20 years but have NO idea what it came from ! See the "heavy duty" below here:

Anybody recognize this and can identify it's origin? Seems like it might be dash trim from something. Heck, maybe it's not even from a vehicle, but I have always assumed it was.

Dan
    52 hardtop
    www.studebakerhardtop.com

No guesses yet??

I was hoping someone would recognize this from grandpas old dump truck. Or irrigation pump, or Saturn rocket or something.
    I think it's cool, whatever it came from.

Dan
    52 hardtop

Comment

Well, based on the outline shape of it, I think it may be from some 60s era Ford truck. That shield shape reminds me of a '65-'66 Galaxie trunk emblem. Could be (and likely) completely wrong tho.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

My brother had that same HD emblem on a 61 Ford 3/4 ton flat-bed.

[img=left]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g27/Rosstude/OldWorld2005002.jpg[/img=left]
        Ross.
        Riverside, Ca.
        1957 Provincial X2
        1958 Transtar
        sigpic
        Ross.
        Riverside, Ca.
        1957 Provincial X2
        1958 Transtar

Comment

Yup - Ford Truck! I think I have one or two of those.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

"Didja ever wander into a junkyard and wonder why all the horn buttons and exterior emblems are missing from the vehicles"[?]

P.S. Fortunately with eBay, many are finding their way back to their rightful places on vehicles.
            Nothing personal meant here. Just an observation.[:I]

KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Cool! I knew the collective experience of this group would figure it out. In college I had this emblem stuck to my yamaha stero amp. Someday it'll probably find its way on to something else too.

Dan
              52 hardtop

Comment

Yep; early-to-mid sixties large Ford truck. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                X