Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay, Maybe I got taken. Thoughts please.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Okay, Maybe I got taken. Thoughts please.

    Bought a cheapy studie off ebay. Seller in listing said comes with 'clean title'. Well I paid the guy by postal MO and asked him to send me the title. Week + passed and no call so I email him about it and he advoids the subject of the title but is pressing for pickup of the car.

    I start having some concern. Was able to find one of the previous owners thanks to Arkiejazz on the forum. I call the PO and he says that the guy who got the car from him never got the title! He thinks he might still have the title around!

    What should I do here? File an complaint on ebay? Wait to see the guy who sold it to me on ebay comes up with a title? I won't pick up the car till I have a title. I think I'm a bit too trusting sometimes. Sure it is only a few hundred but I feel like a sucker. I might have to go kick some ass in Mishawaka IND, long drive for me: a guy on crutches...but oh well. (BTW the seller on ebay is not a SDC member or part of this forum).

  • #2
    I would see if the seller comes up with a title.I dont know what Indiana requires but a lot of states would have given him a title with just a bill of sale.If he has a phone number listed on his E-bay contact info I would ring his phone.It is a lot harder to avoid a direct question in a direct contact conversation than an E-mail.Steve
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      You may have to file a complaint with Ebay before you can get his phone #. That's what I had to do recently. I did get my money back but it was thru PayPal.

      John

      Comment


      • #4
        Kent- Like Matthew's situation, give the seller some time to make things right. Ask the PO if he'll find and give you the title directly. Maybe the seller forgot he didn't get it but thought he did, or figured he'd be able to easily get it from the PO when needed and hasn't done so yet. Maybe he answered your e-mail from a PDA while sitting in an emergency room; who knows? And, worst-case scenario, if he doesn't give the title but a bill of sale, will it matter? If it's a car to fix up, maybe; a parts car, no biggie.

        A big factor is, how much do you want/need the car?

        Also the same as Matthew's situation- things would be much simpler had you used PayPal; free to buyers. I recommend it in the future.

        In the meantime, give him a chance to make it right.

        Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

        "Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

        "It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"



        Comment


        • #5
          Title makes a big deal as its a car I was planning on making a driver. No title: no plans for the car. It's not so much that I absolutely need the title or the car but darnit the guy said comes with clean indiana title and thats what I agreed to buy it based upon.

          Comment


          • #6
            quote:Originally posted by 54-61-62

            Title makes a big deal as its a car I was planning on making a driver. No title: no plans for the car. It's not so much that I absolutely need the title or the car but darnit the guy said comes with clean indiana title and thats what I agreed to buy it based upon.
            Kent,

            You, I, the eBay Seller and possibly even the PO may all be within 50 miles of each other. I'll be in Mishawaka tomorrow, anything I can do on your behalf??

            BTW, what was the eBay auction number?

            <h4>The older I get ...the better I was! </h4>

            Comment


            • #7
              quote:Originally posted by A1956GoldenHawk


              Kent,

              You, I, the eBay Seller and possibly even the PO may all be within 50 miles of each other. I'll be in Mishawaka tomorrow, anything I can do on your behalf??

              BTW, what was the eBay auction number?

              <h4>The older I get ...the better I was! </h4>
              Sent you an email describing things in more detail then I can go into on the forum. Thanks for your offer, but I don't need any assistance at this time; I'm just probably going to wait and see how things play out.

              Comment


              • #8
                quote:Originally posted by 54-61-62

                quote:Originally posted by A1956GoldenHawk


                Kent,

                You, I, the eBay Seller and possibly even the PO may all be within 50 miles of each other. I'll be in Mishawaka tomorrow, anything I can do on your behalf??

                BTW, what was the eBay auction number?

                <h4>The older I get ...the better I was! </h4>
                Sent you an email describing things in more detail then I can go into on the forum. Thanks for your offer, but I don't need any assistance at this time; I'm just probably going to wait and see how things play out.
                Responed to your email with some information and some options.

                <h4>The older I get ...the better I was! </h4>

                Comment


                • #9
                  You have 60 days to file with ebay, lack of a good title is covered. Maybe the owner will pay you the $150 to get a Broadway title.

                  JDP/Maryland
                  "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
                  Thomas Jefferson
                  JDP Maryland

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It is sad how people lie to (and about) one another.Running games for greed or psychological need.Deception is despicable,and deplorably common.It matters not if it is a little BS lie or a fraudulent scam.Believe in JP's good Karma idea,because no matter how long it takes,what goes around really comes around.It may just take awhile to see it.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X