X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro Your 89-97 TBird to a 49-50 Ford

http://www.easyrods.com/car68.html

JDP/Maryland
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
    Thomas Jefferson

The front almost looks more like a Kaiser in the side view than a Ford.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Those've been around for a while now. I've seen them at a GA swap meet for the past 5 years or so.

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

IMHO it's an improvment from the doner car.

Dean Croft
        Roseburg,OR

CLEM DESEE
        Dean

CLEM

Comment

I first saw that kit about 10 years ago. I thought about it because I bought and sold plenty of those Birds, and I personally really liked them. The kit was $4995 back then.

I see them at the Syracuse Nats every year. This year the've added a 57 Chevy body that goes on the last-generation Camaros. Somewhere I have a picture of it, I'll try to post it later.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

They had a display at Carlisle this year.

Leonard Shepherd
            http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Thanks, Leonard. Saved me the effort.[^]

I didn't think I liked the 57, but with chromed bumpers and different wheels, it might be neat.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

The '57 looks Plymouth-ish in the rear view to me.
                Bill H
                Daytona Beach
                SDC member since 1970
                Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Those Ford kits have been around for awhile. I have seen finished cars at GoodGuys shows. The price for the kit has been down to $2995 for some time now in their ads. I like the idea. Too bad someone doesn't make a Studebaker kit like this (other than the bullet nose Chevrolet kits). I bought a 1989 Thunderbird new and kept it longer than any other car (13 years). When I inquired about making a Studebaker appearance/body out of it, I was quoted prices of about $30K-$35K.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The rooflines just don't mix with the rest of the mods. Maybe a faux rear vent window pillar on the T Bird would help. Or start with a Cougar with the straight up and down c pillar. One way or another a real '49 with a 302 and overdrive would suit me better than the T Bird.

I do like the Silverado with the Stude truck front that I saw at the meet in Charlotte, 2004.

Comment

Here's one built from a Cougar:

Mark Anderson
                      Member SDC and FMCA
                      Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
                      www.65cruiser.com

Comment

The front shot of that Cougar looks like it's sighing thinking "What are they gonna change on me next??"

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

It IS a rather sad looking beast, isn't it?[V]

quote:Originally posted by bams50

The front shot of that Cougar looks like it's sighing thinking "What are they gonna change on me next??"
                          Mark Anderson
                          Member SDC and FMCA
                          Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
                          www.65cruiser.com

Comment

I haven't made a judgement on whether I like it or not, but that face sure looks sad to me[V]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                            X