Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever seen a clear glass Holley float bowl?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever seen a clear glass Holley float bowl?

Was wondering around a junk yard many years ago and saw a 1 or 2 bbl. on a unidentifiable old truck and the carb had a clear glass Holley float bowl.Anyone else seen one?

I had a couple of 1bbl Holleys with a clear glass bowl on the side with "Holley" moulded in the glass. Assume this is what you saw? Found them in a old shed along with other car parts junk on some vacant property. I think I got a couple bucks each for them at a swap meet back in the 90s. Didn't know what they came from though.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

This was on a Nash Metropolitan.

Leonard Shepherd
      http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I have one on my Bearcat mounted on the Ford 223 straight six.
        When my mechanic took off the "new" factory rebuilt carb when it warped and rebuilt the original carb (for the third time since I've owned the car), he reinstalled the glass bowl because it looked neat.
        I don't disagree!

63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Its hard to tell in Leonard's picture but the ones I had, the glass protruded out from the carb body about 1-1/2". The float sat out in the cavity too. They did look cool.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Some mid 50's Fords had them as well as early '70's Fords.
            The ones from the 50's can bring $75-up
            Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Yep. Common on Ford Sixes in the late 50s / early 60s. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Leonard, that carb on the Met is Japanese, maybe early '70s. I know I've seen them before, but I can't remember the model. Those Japanese carbs in the '70s worked great when they worked, but they were very tough to overhaul.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
                Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Working...
                X