This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help request, need PC guru/ photobucket

Spent good part of last 2 days attempting to export a photo from my gallery-"Kodak Easy Share" to photobucket to no avail. Wanted to post on forum.
    Two possible problems ( ?): note: using Windows XP
    1. Kodak software/program, no directions for exporting to web, may not be possible ?.... (My Kodak digital camera automatically downloads
    to this program )
    2. AOL [)]is my current browser, may not support this activity ?
    I transferred photo to my e-mail and then to "My Documents", tried to export from there to photobucket, got message- MSN is service provider. Unable to proceed any further [B)]
    Any and all assistance greatly appreciated !

Dennis Maxfield ( Boomer)
    Lancaster,CA
    1957 Silver Hawk (finless)

Huh... I'm on XP, and also have always been on MSN.

When I take pictures with my camera, I take the memory card (SD) out and put it in the port on my laptop. That opens a little box that asks "what do you want to do with these pictures?" I click on upload, it asks for a tag or folder, then I hit "upload".

Next, I open up Photobucket. I log in and click "Upload photos". When I click "Upload" it says "Browse". I click that and it opens my pictures file on my computer. I select the file I want, then the picture I want. I double-click the picture or the "open" button; then click "load" on the Photobucket page, and that's it. Takes 5-10 minutes per picture on dial-up, or about 20 seconds on broadband.

I'm guessing the Easy-Share is what's messing things up. Hope this helps.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

I use Kodak and download directly from the camera and do not have a problem with it. After you open Photobucket do as BAMS explained,only open your Kodak Pictures file and select your photo.

Bob Langer
      Glenshaw,PA

Bob Langer
      Glenshaw,PA

Comment

I agree with BAMS directions also.....I have never had a problem
        with Photobucket, while using XP....though when I load it takes
        about 4-5 minutes, per picture, on my Microwave Hi Speed internet.

glen
        Nowhere, AZ.
        "Freedom Through Vigilance"

Comment

Ah Glen it has to cook each of your pictures just right.LOL

Mabel 1949 Champion
          1957 Silverhawk
          1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          1955 President State
          Fresno,Ca
          Mabel 1949 Champion
          Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          The Prez 1955 President State
          Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
          Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
          Fresno,Ca

Comment

Anne that may be true.....but since I don't have cable or POTS (plain
            old telephone service) I have a small non satellite dish that points in
            a westerly direction to the nearest towers, that then beams my signal to
            the CO (central office) where the equipt is at and then back again....all
            within a matter of 1 or 2 seconds....Just like the "old" AT&T did back in
            the 50's & 60's to get our long distance calls from 1 place to another...

glen
            Nowhere, AZ.
            "Freedom Through Vigilance"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by boomer

Spent good part of last 2 days attempting to export a photo from my gallery-"Kodak Easy Share" to photobucket to no avail.
              My old camera is a Kodak and I use the "Easy Share". Just hook up the camera to the computer and turn it on. I get a dialogue box and click on the Microsoft picture option. Once all the pictures come up I select the ones I want and save them to my hard drive.

Then just open Photobucket and select the pictures you want to upload and they will be transmitted to your album.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
              Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Thanks to you all- I will proceed as suggested
                and advise when accomplished.

Dennis Maxfield ( Boomer)
                Lancaster,CA
                1957 Silver Hawk (finless)

Comment

Working...
                X