This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagerty or J C Taylor

I need to find a new insurance company. I'd like to know some of the postive and negative experiences you've had with either J C Taylor or Hagerty Insurance. Thanks[|)]

I've had Hagerty for over 15 years. Their prices are fair, their driving conditions not oppressive. You can easily update your policy and details on your car through their website. Very convenient. They also offer a "Hagerty Plus" service that includes flatbed towing and other emergency breakdown services, which is a good addition to your AAA coverage.

I've never had to file a claim, though, so I can't speak to their behavior in that instance. (The only "accident" I ever had in one of my vintage cars was when a lady in a '73 Datsun wagon backed into the left quarter of my '67 LeMans in a bank parking lot. Neither car was damaged

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
    www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I've had JC Taylor for 30 years or so. Very easy to deal with, but have never filed a claim.

Skip Lackie
      Washington DC
      Skip Lackie

Comment

What Skip said. NT

Neil Thornton
        Hazlehurst, GA
        '57 Silver Hawk
        '56 Sky Hawk
        '51 2R16 dump truck
        Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

I have Hagerty and I like their prices and the fact that it is easy to change stuff when needed. I have never had to file a claim, but I talked with a friend just yesterday who was hit while driving his '71 Javelen. He has Hagerty for both his Javelen and his '72 GTO. For some reason he had to file a claim (I don't know why because he was not charged, but that's not the point here.). It went smooth as silk, it was done quick and he got what he needed to do the body work and to paint the car. He was very happy with them.

Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Editor of "The Down Easterner"
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I've now got Haggerty because my local agent sells it. No claims yet, but all dealings have been very pleasant and intelligent when talking to someone there.

(Well, there was a little blip when I bought Leonard Shepherd's convertible last fall and called to add it to the policy. The guy looked up '64 Studebaker, Daytona models, and told me "convertible" wasn't one of the options! He took my word for it and force-fed the system to accept "convertible" as a model choice. I guess they believed it when they got the photo!)

'Had J.C.Taylor many years ago and had one small claim when a guy in a public storage garage backed into my '58 Bel Air 2-door; hit-and-run. (I bought the car at the 1975 SDC National Meet in Irving TX...gulp!). Claim was handled quickly and easily; no problems. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I've had J.C. Taylor for about twenty years on my Daytona, and had to file my first claim when my Lark rolled into my '08 Cobalt a few weeks back (details posted here on July 2). I pick up the Lark tomorrow. J.C. Taylor's adjuster was very polite to deal with, returned calls promptly, and after I faxed an estimate plus some photos of the damage to the Lark, called the very next day (a Saturday) to say that a check for the full amount of the estimate was on its way to me, and I got it in a couple days after that. Seamless.

Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
              Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              (formerly Greenville, PA)
              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
              All are in Australia now

Comment

I am just back from Florida and while I was there I saw an article on collector car insurance in either the Wall Street Journal or USA Today (I think Wednesday). Sorry I don't remember which and I did not bring either back with me.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I have Heagerty, no problems. Do a search of the forum- lots of info on the subject.

Here's one search to get you started:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c....asp?mode=DoIt

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to it's last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

I have Hagerty and highly recommend them. All of my drivable vehicles are on one policy with only one liability premium charge for all. I have had a cliam when my 73 Avanti was hit in my driveway in the middle of the night and all went well. They were outstanding in handling it and even let me find the parts I needed and din't quibble about the price. Will I change I doubt it not based on the sevice I have had to date in the past 10 years. Coming to Lancaster? Talk to them there as they are vending. Their Towing Labor coverage is also recommended as they do nt dispacth anything other than rollbacks which I am sure we all aooreciate. Been there too on two different occassions and also no problems.
                    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I had Taylor for 20 years and had one to eight cars with them at any one time. I had no problem with them. I then purchased my first restomod Studebaker. Taylor refused to insure it because it was modified, even though I had a good 20 year history with them. Shortly after, Taylor started to take modified cars. With Taylor's refusal, I went with Hagerty. I went with Hagerty through a Westchester County agency that advertised in hobby publications and car flea markets. I had much trouble with the agency, like trying to get a refund that was due to me back from them. I then went with Hagerty directly, that worked fine. Most recently, I have used Hagerty through the local agency that handles my home, umbrella and everyday cars. This has worked out excellent. I did go with their extra "club" membership. The flatbed only seems like good feature (I have not used it.). I think that the competition has made Taylor better and I have appreciated their paying for a full page ad in Turning Wheels every month for many years. Maybe we can get Hagerty to do the same. The net is that I would recommend Hagerty.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary points well made. We approached them last fall in Hershey about coming to lancaster and they have been on board ever since. I personally because of my background have dealt with Hagerty on a direct basis. I find their service reps very friendly and cooperative. Recently I raised the physical damage coverage on three of my vehicles and did it all on line without a hitch. While I realize Taylor is also participating in Lancaster I prefer to keep my cars with Hagerty. As I said I had no problem when invovled in a hit and run. They were really easy to work with.
                        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                        X