This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaver &Florence Pa. car shows Aug. 2&9

Just want to inform the Stude folks in South Western Pa. and surrounding areas of a couple good shows in August. First one is Aug. 2 in the town of Beaver Pa. It officially runs from 3 Pm. till dark and unofficially from early morning. Plenty of parking and expect to see at least 2000 cars. A few Studes as you can never have enough. Very nice as the whole main of downtown is virtually shut down to accomodate the occasion. You can park on the street or at 1 of two shaded park like settings. Very nice. Bring your Studes to both of these meets . jimmijim Aug 9 Annual Covered Bridge Festival Florence Pa. Hanover Park 12 till 4 pm. Sponsored by Auto Zone. 2 to 300 cars max. Lots of door prizes and awards. Parking is on the grass. Nice show. jimmijim

There is another great car show in Pennsylvania. It is Macungie. I would love to go, but it is 300 miles from me and gas price is a real factor.

They have lots of orphans, and this year it is DeSoto.

http://www.awkscht.com/

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Jim,

if you go to the Beaver show and see an older guy with a dark green '73 Chevy pickup with torq-thrusts, say hi to my dad for me No, he doesn't have a Stude to bring, sorry to disappoint...

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel
      --
      55 Commander Starlight

Comment

I am originally from Beaver! I can't believe there is a show of that magnitude in my little home town! I hope my brother can take our father to the show! I wish we could be there!!!

Carey
        Packard Hawk

Carey
        Packard Hawk

Comment

Nate, will do and DB, you can believe that show is that big. jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

jimmijim,
            What area are you from?

Carey
            Packard Hawk

Carey
            Packard Hawk

Comment

Carey,

must be a small world, my parents live in South Beaver Township, I went to Blackhawk HS not Beaver though. Oddly enough, both the national accounts guy that recommended me for my current job, and one of our suppliers are located in Arvada.

--
              55 Commander Starlight
              --
              55 Commander Starlight

Comment

The story behind our car will really make you believe that it is a small world!

Carey
                Packard Hawk

Carey
                Packard Hawk

Comment

N8N,
                  I got to meet your dad yesterday at the Beaver, PA car show, and boy was he surprised!
                  We had four Studes in the park next to the courthouse and your dad stopped by and began
                  talking to us. He mentioned that his son was into Studebakers, and I said to him "Are you
                  Nate's dad?" He looked startled, like how could you know that? I told him that you had said
                  to be on the lookout for him: "...if you go to the Beaver show and see an older guy with a dark green '73 Chevy pickup with torq-thrusts, say hi to my dad for me No, he doesn't have a Stude to bring, sorry to disappoint...".
                  Unfortunately I misquoted you for which I apologize to you and your dad. I told him you said to watch for an "old man" with a Chevy...

So when he tells you that he met JWW, tell him that I was wrong, that you referred to him as "an
                  older guy" and not an "old man." I think he didn't really believe you said "old man" and I regret that's what I told him.
                  BTW it was a tremendous show. There must have been some 2000 to 2500 vehicles in attendance. In my group was a 56 President Classic, a 56 President (purchased last year in SB from Ed Reynolds), my 63 Wagonaire, and a 64 Cruiser. Elsewhere I saw a 63 Avanti with the orange interior, and a 50 streetrod.

Comment

heh, now I'll have to call him an laugh at him I'm sure he wasn't offended. BTW that truck was bought new by my grandfather in late 1972, it's been in the family since before I was born. (it looks a lot better than anything I own, too...)

BTW I forgot to mention (please don't get mad at me...) if you're in that area and have some free time to drive around, it's worth the trip to Beaver Falls to visit Hamilton Tool at the bottom of 7th Ave near the bridge to Rochester - quite possibly the largest used tool dealer I've had the pleasure of visiting. Growing up 20 miles from there got me spoiled - you mean every little town doesn't have a place like that? Guess not...

nate

--
                    55 Commander Starlight
                    --
                    55 Commander Starlight

Comment

John,

Seriously, we need to see pictures!

Carey
                      Packard Hawk

Carey
                      Packard Hawk

Comment

JWW

How's jimmijim8 doing since his latest bout of bad luck?

Jim Bradley
                        Lewistown PA
                        '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
                        Jim Bradley
                        Lake Monticello, VA
                        '78 Avanti II
                        sigpic

Comment

JWW, the size of that show sounds just monumental. How do they do it? Sorry to have missed it.

I might be in your general area Friday or Saturday, although not sure yet. Wife and daughter want to go to IKEA! They love that place!

Bill Pressler
                          Kent, OH
                          '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

quote:Originally posted by JWW

N8N,
                          I got to meet your dad yesterday at the Beaver, PA car show, and boy was he surprised!
                          We had four Studes in the park next to the courthouse and your dad stopped by and began
                          talking to us. He mentioned that his son was into Studebakers, and I said to him "Are you
                          Nate's dad?" He looked startled, like how could you know that? I told him that you had said
                          to be on the lookout for him: "...if you go to the Beaver show and see an older guy with a dark green '73 Chevy pickup with torq-thrusts, say hi to my dad for me No, he doesn't have a Stude to bring, sorry to disappoint...".
                          Unfortunately I misquoted you for which I apologize to you and your dad. I told him you said to watch for an "old man" with a Chevy...

So when he tells you that he met JWW, tell him that I was wrong, that you referred to him as "an
                          older guy" and not an "old man." I think he didn't really believe you said "old man" and I regret that's what I told him.
                          BTW it was a tremendous show. There must have been some 2000 to 2500 vehicles in attendance. In my group was a 56 President Classic, a 56 President (purchased last year in SB from Ed Reynolds), my 63 Wagonaire, and a 64 Cruiser. Elsewhere I saw a 63 Avanti with the orange interior, and a 50 streetrod.

Bill Pressler
                          Kent, OH
                          (formerly Greenville, PA)
                          Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                          Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                          1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                          1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                          All are in Australia now

Comment

JB,
                            I went to visit jimmijim8 (Jim Kranak) yesterday afternoon. For those of you who don't know, Jim fell and broke his hip again. The same one he broke in 2006, following his release from the hospital after the traffic accident caused by a drunk driver. While he has been mostly wheelchair bound since his accident, he was able walk a little with a four pronged cane. He had surgery on Friday, and is expected to be moved to a lower level of care possibly tomorrow.
                            We had a nice visit. Lots of Studebaker stories. He was sitting in a recliner chair and seemed not to be in too much pain. He's disappointed in that he will not be able to go to the Wink's meet at the end of the month.
                            One bright spot was that before he fell, one of his friends came over to his house and got his GT Hawk started, and took him for a long ride in it.
                            I'm sure he would appreciate a card as he still talks about how many he received from the Studebaker community following his accident. Use this address:

Jim Kranak
                            Weirton Medical Center
                            601 Colliers Way
                            Weirton WV 26062

Comment

Bill,
                              I'll send you an email.

Comment

Working...
                              X