This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification Needed....

The seller says "The 352 engine is not seized but will not turn from sitting so long." [:0]

Come again on that one, good buddy....what is the definition of seizure? [?][}]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1960-...QQcmdZViewItem

Someone will let that slide, Bob ... doublespeak sometimes works wonders.

Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!
    Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

Comment

The reflectors on the bumper are not broken, they have just deteriorated from sitting so long!

Leonard Shepherd
      http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I don't know, but that's one of my all-time favorite body styles[8D]

I'll be watching it, and bidding if it's anywhere near that at the end[]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Agreed, Bob. I've always liked 1960 Fords, too. They seem to be a real stepchild in Ford circles, though. (If you'll read Tom Shaw's back-page editorial in the March-April 2008 edition of Legendary Ford magazine, you'll know why I like them so!) BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

One showed up at the Atlantic Zone Meet in 2006.

IMHO, the Starliners and Sunliners looked good, but the cheap 4 door sedans looked really cheap!

Leonard Shepherd
            http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

The Ford rear end in my Hawk is out of one of those....
              Jeff[8D]

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

You're correct, Leonard; what a difference! The Starliner is gorgeous, with that ridiculous rear window and frowning old man tail profile[8D]

Bob, is that article available online? No way do I want to get another magazine scrip started, I've cut back because I can't read them all as it is

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I agree. I don't like many Fords, but I love that one. [^] Beautiful lines on those things.

Matthew Burnette
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50
                    Bob, is that article available online? No way do I want to get another magazine scrip started, I've cut back because I can't read them all as it is

Robert (Bob) Andrews

The magazine info is on line, but not specific articles. I'll photocopy the page and snail-mail it to you, Bob. I know you'll enjoy it.

You still on County Road 58 in Parish NY, per the 2007 SDC Roster? BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yes, Bob, 179 cr 58. Much appreciated!!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

The seller says "The 352 engine is not seized but will not turn from sitting so long." [:0]

Come again on that one, good buddy....what is the definition of seizure? [?][}]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1960-...QQcmdZViewItem
                        I've seen that same line on another ebay car but cannot place which one it was. It certainly is double talk.
                        I too like that '60 Ford Starliner. A beautiful car, to me better than its competition from GM at the time.

Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                        Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I lived in Del Rio Texas in 1960 and sold those cars. I truly thot they were beautiful cars. But they had a pretty narrow trunk opening. Sometimes to get their mind off the OPENING and show the actual trunk space, I'd climb into the trunk, lie down and tell the prospect, "Come one in...lotsa room!" Of course I was a lot YOUNGER and more nimble then!

But there was some structural problem, at least with the 4-door hardtops. On guy, a local rancher, brought his back in several times to have a particular rattle fixed but the service guys just couldn't seem to find (or fix) the problem. He finally traded it back in and got something else (maybe a 4-door sedan) And we had a heck of a time selling that HT because any time we'd take it out for a test drive with a prospect, it would rattle. In fact, I seem to recall it was still there when I left to go sell Fords in San Antonio.

In 1962, I bought a '60 Sunliner. It was light blue with a white top and really was a beautiful car. But BIIIIIG! My wife of that year just couldn't seem to back it up without rubbing SOMETHING. It had scrapes and dents in the chrome in many places, testifying to her non-expertise. But I loved that car. She got it in the divorce.

John

Comment

The only 1960 Ford that I owned was the big wagon. The original owner was a millionaire that kept it mostly to use as an airport car to save his more expensive cars.
                            I like the Starliners. My best friend was painting cars at the Ford factory when they came out (1959). The painters were plugging the holes in the C pillars with anything handy until they were told that there were supposed to be holes in the C-pillars (not normal at that time).

Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

This is a Ford model i like as well. I also think that hardtop would look pretty on a C/K. Is that blasphemy?
                              sals54

Comment

Working...
                              X