This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antique Mechanics school

I have been in contact with Joe Bacon of the SDC Jet Thrust News about his knowledge of any schools that teach antique Auto Mechanics. He mentioned that he found a place with a one or two week coarse, and gave me a link to click onto. It was McPherson College in Kansas. Does anyone know of such a short class there? Their site shows nothing like that being offered. I am also not a web site friendly type!! I would love to find something like that in the Indianapolis area.
    Cars of my interest are Studebakers, Packards of the late 30's and early 40's, Nash, and Hudsons of the 50's. I like the originals and want to see them preserved in the future, but there may soon be a shortage of people to work on them, and I would like to have a part in there preservation turning wrenches on them. I am not a mechanic, but have had some entry level training in the past and like playing with cars. If anyone knows of anything like this, please contact me at nut661@sbcglobal.net. Thanks Tony

Find posts from stellar restorations here in the forum.There is a link in one,I dont remember the exact details but there was mention of a class along those lines.Another link in one of his first posts shows a few cars they have turned out of the school,pretty impressive stuff.Steve
    sigpic

Comment

Yes, they do offer short classes.
      PM me for an e-addys that might help.

Chris Pile
      Midway Chapter SDC
      The Studebaker Special
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Here you go...
        Hope the info helps.
        Jeff[8D]

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...chTerms=school

quote:Originally posted by wolfie

Find posts from stellar restorations here in the forum.There is a link in one,I dont remember the exact details but there was mention of a class along those lines.Another link in one of his first posts shows a few cars they have turned out of the school,pretty impressive stuff.Steve
        http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
        X