This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Want To Go Back in Time...

Not sure if any Studes are here, but music and pictures are fun.

http://thefiftiesandsixties.com/CarsWeDrove.htm

Tim-53 Custom Starlight aka The Studebird in Yuma, AZ

There is a drawing of a Loewy coupe behind the GTO.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Not good enough! I wanna go back in time - for REAL. I wanna ride in the back seat of my buddy's custom 58 Olds 4-dr hardtop - zooming along Indiana 2-lanes at 1AM as we streak for Michigan to spend a weekend away from the technical training base at Rantoul IL. Radio up, windows down, 75 - 80 MPH. I'll take my chances again if I can start from there - knowing what I know now and do it all over again.[^]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Not good enough! I wanna go back in time - for REAL. I'll take my chances again if I can start from there - knowing what I know now and do it all over again.[^]
        Ah yes, if only you could put a 50 year old brain in a 19 year old body... unstoppable! [}] [:0] [^]

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar Deluxe
        Vancouver Island
        </h5>
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander
        Zone Coordinator
        Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

The problem with putting that 50 yr old brain into the 19 yr old body is that certain organs only work by virtue of the power of the brain.! ! ! Another problem is that the 50 yr old brain will know the consequences of all that stupidity and will not allow you to run headlong into danger fearlessly. Oh, the trouble that maturity and wisdom brings.
          sals54

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54

The problem with putting that 50 yr old brain into the 19 yr old body is that certain organs only work by virtue of the power of the brain.! ! ! Another problem is that the 50 yr old brain will know the consequences of all that stupidity and will not allow you to run headlong into danger fearlessly. Oh, the trouble that maturity and wisdom brings.
            Sal - You may be right, but I was thinking of the energy and vigor of a 19 yr old body [u]combined</u> with the wisdom of 50+ year old mind is what would create the unstoppable force! [:0]

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar Deluxe
            Vancouver Island
            </h5>
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander
            Zone Coordinator
            Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

quote:
              Uh oh here comes another paradox of time travel. Just like the Grandfather Paradox where you put him out you cease to exist. This is the, dare I say, Idiot Paradox, where you go back in time, put your brain into your younger body, and thus prevent yourself from doing anything dumb, thereby not having to travel back in time to keep from doing something dumb. Dun worry I have and heard a few, lol.... [)] [)]

*Opens umbrella in case anyone's brain blows up* [)]

[img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000137-1.jpg[/img=left][img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
              1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
              1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
              1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
              1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
              X