This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locking topics

i dont think a topic should be locked because someone thinks that they feel that it has (run its course) this is supose to be a place for people to express there opinions good bad or whatever

27 commander 47 M5 50 2dr 51 conv. 50 starlite 37 coupe express

What the hell is the matter with you people?? The thread was locked because of one antagonist that wants to cause problems wherever possible. So because one ot two have problems and want to take it out on the people here, the rest of us have to see locked threads[}]

Mr. Shaw is the boss of this forum. He alone decides when to lock/delete threads, or ban people- whether you or I like, or agree, with it, or not. This is NOT a place to say whatever you want- you and I are NOT in charge here.

Enough with the drama already!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

While I agree that there is a difference between a moderator and a terminator, Bob was right to close the thread you hinted at. The thread was starting to get personal. The newsgroups tend to get away and too personal in the attack. Here it's better to leave it as agree to disagree. Some can't do that (and this is no reflection on that post and I'm not attacking anyone ) and things can get overboard in a hurry. It's better to let the newsgroups deal with extreme debate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2074.30)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

What topic was locked?

Joseph R. Zeiger
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

This is a moderated forum and like it or not the moderator has the right and responsibility to lock topics when things wander completely off topic ie political/religious or start becoming personal attacks. This is a forum for those who enjoy and admire Studebakers...there are other outlets for other discussions.

63VY4 Leakin' Lena Hagerstown MD

Comment

i am probably more into studebakers than a lot of the people on here but i still that dictatorship is a bad thing

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 63t-cab

What topic was locked?
              Please see "Flipping cars and club goals" farther down the page. It is a shame that some people are fixated on their own agenda's rather than an intelligent discussion of Studebakers. Only after an individual failed to heed Mr. Shaw's warning was the topic locked down. [xx(]

The rules of the forum are very clear but at times people seem to think that they fall outside the parameters. In those instances Mr. Shaw has to use his judgment as to whether the conversation has drifted too far or the attacks have become personal. Unfortunately, it appears to be the same unhappy people over and over ......

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
              Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

The moderated Forum works well for most of us. Observe a few simple guidelines and everything is fine. Those that don't like that "dictatorship" should go back to the unmoderated newsgroup and have a ball.

Jim Bradley
                Lewistown PA
                '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
                Jim Bradley
                Lake Monticello, VA
                '78 Avanti II
                sigpic

Comment

its narrow mineded people like rerun that try to keep free thinking people from expressing ideas that stimulate ones mind rather be a leader than a follower

Comment

It is a place for expressing ones opinion and offering information on Studebaker and related subjects.

It is not a place for letters to the editor or flame other people.
                    There are rules posted for participating on this forum.

If you cant follow the rules, then there is always alt.autos.studebaker
                    but its a lonely place now because of the flame wars of years past.

Most people abandoned it because of in recent years few posts were related to Studebakers.
                    Politics you can get anywhere. Here is for Studebakers.
                    The moderator's job is a thankless one but necessary.
                    But not entirely thankless, cause I thank him for his efforts.

3E38
                    4E2
                    4E28
                    5E13
                    7E7
                    8E7
                    8E12
                    8E28

59 Lark
                    etc

Comment

Probably one of the toughest part of being the moderator-is having to decide when to lock a topic,and Mr Shaw has probably been complimented a thousand times for the great job he does.We're here to talk about Studebakers,we have a new stove hugger forum to go to OT topics,which I really like!
                      We really don't need the flame wars,personal attacks,attacks on our valuable vendors,ETC to have a good time.
                      Want to rant?-As has been said-go to the NG.-Unmoderated,have a ball!
                      Hey how's my new sig line?

Oglesby,Il
                      "Studebaker? It must be hard to find parts for those!"
                      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Rerun

The moderated Forum works well for most of us. Observe a few simple guidelines and everything is fine. Those that don't like that "dictatorship" should go back to the unmoderated newsgroup and have a ball.
                        Jim Bradley
                        Lewistown PA
                        I "Champion" that thought as well Jim.

<h5>Mark
                        '57 Transtar Deluxe
                        Vancouver Island
                        </h5>
                        Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander
                        Zone Coordinator
                        Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

I think we need to step back and thank Bob for doing a great job at herding cats. The tread had over 100 posts, most everyone had expressed both sides of the argument, and it was drifting away from a discussion of selling/not selling into charges of illegal and immoral acts for crying out loud.
                          I'm glad he ended it when he did, and before someone went off the deep end. Bob did ask politely to just let it die a natural death and was challenged about it. Like most of us, Bob can't make everyone happy, but he's doing the best he can to keep the forum civil.
                          On the News Group, I experienced being called everything in the book in more then one discussion. I had had my auctions sabotaged, and was reported to zoning from out of state because of "discussions" that went out of control and that's why I quit posting to that tread.

JDP/Maryland
                          JDP Maryland

Comment

quote: Hey how's my new sig line?

Oglesby,Il
                            I like your license plate but it looks too close to the Il. Can you put some spaces between the Il and the photo?

I too agree with Jim. No personal attacks! Bob Shaw is doing his job, and he does it well.

Leonard Shepherd
                            http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

And,by the way,this whole topic is off topic [OT] and should have been posted in the stove huggers forum.-[^]

Oglesby,Il
                              "Studebaker? It must be hard to find parts for those!"
                              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
                              X