This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought I hated opera

I watched this guy on the British idol, I have no idea what he was singing about, but wow, it kinda moved me.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NLF9iEXnBRo

BTW, if you have not played with "Stumble upon" to search out the most interesting bits on the net, download it here. Just fill in your area's of interest, hit the stumble button, and off you go.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Daytona HT/4 speed
    63 Lark 2 door

JDP, We have been fans of his for a while now. Check out his CD. Got it for my wife at Christmas. A true diamond in the rough.

Comment

quote:I watched this guy on the British idol, I have no idea what he was singing about, but wow, it kinda moved me.
      Well, John - he was singing the late Pavarotti's signature aria from Turandot called "Nessun Dorma" (None Shall Sleep).
      Just another tune in the "unrequited love" vein.
      And, yeah, the kid's good.

Chris Pile
      StudeFolk Manager
      http://tiny.cc/RYqAK
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I'm impressed, didn't figure we'd have a opera buff or two in SDC. Country and western maybe, but opera is pretty upscale for a Studebaker owner.

JDP/Maryland
        64 R2 GT (Sid)
        spent to date $62,839.60
        63 Daytona HT/4 speed
        63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

I think we already had this discussion... about a year ago.

Comment

We did on the News Group, sorry if it was on here before and I offended you.

JDP/Maryland
            64 R2 GT (Sid)
            spent to date $62,839.60
            63 Daytona HT/4 speed
            63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

I'm not offended, myself. When I was a kid, my grandmother had some VERY old Enrico Caruso 78s, and although I am primarily a Country and Southern Gospel fan, there was a man who could bring tears to your eyes with his voice. I still get chills when I think about those records!

Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!
              Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

Comment

In Sept 1907, Chicago Opera moved to a new Opera House (not the current Lyric "Insull's Throne," where I heard [u]The Ring </u> three years ago) from its home in the Studebaker Theater.

Here's one Studebaker with a clear operatic link:
                http://www.dispeker.com/page/studebaker.html

The regular alto at Seattle Opera (where I heard [u]The Ring </u> 30 years ago) is Tessa Studebaker (an exec at Boeing, whose headquarters is across the canal from Insull's Throne). Small world.

"Studebacher Hoch" is a character in a [mock] opera by...Frank Zappa.

So there's a reason they installed those opera windows.

Comment

Here's another News group retread that should at least bring a smile.(from Britain's got talent show)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zBxt_w8_zQ

JDP/Maryland
                  64 R2 GT (Sid)
                  spent to date $62,839.60
                  63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                  63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

Wow! She's great!

Chris Pile
                    StudeFolk Manager
                    http://tiny.cc/RYqAK
                    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

PDP, Your true colors are coming out. You are just an old softie. She was great. Can you imagine her in about 10 years?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

We did on the News Group, sorry if it was on here before and I offended you.

JDP/Maryland
                        64 R2 GT (Sid)
                        spent to date $62,839.60
                        63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                        63 Lark 2 door

Who said I was offended? I'm just saying this is like talking about Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction.

Comment

Lee, at least your a consistent contrarian. Why not just ignore posts that are old news to you, this is after all the place for BS sessions ? Better yet, post something yourself, even if I think it's lame, you won't see me comment even if it's about the wardrobe malfunction.

JDP/Maryland
                          64 R2 GT (Sid)
                          spent to date $62,839.60
                          63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                          63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Lee, at least your a consistent contrarian. Why not just ignore posts that are old news to you, this is after all the place for BS sessions ? Better yet, post something yourself, even if I think it's lame, you won't see me comment even if it's about the wardrobe malfunction.

JDP/Maryland
                            64 R2 GT (Sid)
                            spent to date $62,839.60
                            63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                            63 Lark 2 door

Whatever John, I just found it interesting of your sudden discovery and taste for opera... even though you discussed it at length a year ago. Since most of the people here were on the newsgroup, I think it's old news to everybody.

Since you're going to start and resort to name calling, can I follow your lead and call you a "consistent egotarian"?

Comment

I can't block you here like I could on the news group, so from now on, I'll just ignore you. BTW, I do have a big ego, always had, it's no secret and its served me well. I never met a decent salesman without one.
                              JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X