This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forthcoming surgery

Guys, I don't like to moan and complain about my own problems, but I wanted to let all of you know I'm going to be out of commission for at least a couple of days next week. I'll be having extensive oral surgery on Monday (3/31) to remove all of my lower teeth and smooth the jawline for eventual fitting of a lower denture.

I've been fighting to keep my teeth for most of my life, but it looks like I've lost the war. My oral surgeon says there is literally nothing connecting them to the bone. I had the same thing happen with my upper teeth, and I had them removed five years ago. I had an upper plate fitted (too) soon after, and won't make that mistake this time with the lower ones. I intend to wait a good while, probably a year or so, before having them made, so they don't have to be relined again and again as the upper ones had to be.

I'm lucky, though ... my grandmother had to have her teeth removed -- all at once -- when she was still a teenager. So I guess it's hereditary.

I'd greatly appreciate all of your happy thoughts and prayers as I go into this ... it's not my idea of a good way to start a week, but at least I'll finally be out of pain, and I'll be able to enjoy all the Jell-O and ice cream I want while I heal without anyone complaining!

Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

Best of luck, Jacob. Luckily you don't need teeth to read or type

Get well soon!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I had a friend that had a bunch of trouble like you describe.
      He had oral reconstruction surgery and had new upper and lower dentures made.
      He is so much happier, healthier, and physically better.
      He's still an idiot, but the teeth didn't cause that (or did they??)
      Jeff[8D]
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Wow, Jacob...no fun! And it's not even good advice to keep a stiff upper lip in this particular case, is it?

All good thoughts, wishes, and prayers. [^]BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks, guys ... I appreciate the support. They'll have my upper lip pulled somewhere up around my eyelashes on Monday (LOL!), but I won't feel a bit of it. They'll be putting me under.

I look forward to getting the whole thing over with, and I hope to post a picture of my SMILING mug very, very soon!!!

Comment

Jacob, Our thoughts are with you as you trek through this bump in the road. Hopefully all will go well and you'll soon be eating steak again!

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar
            3E-6/7-122
            </h5>
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander
            Zone Coordinator
            Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

I wish you well and a speedy recovery so you can get back to posting license plate info for us.

Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO
              President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
              Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO

Comment

Jacob,
                I come from a family of dentists. I love the family, hate the dentist! I do wish you well and wish you a speedy recovery. In the mean time, don't skimp on the ice cream! Call 1-888-SCHWANS!!!!

Carey
                Packard Hawk

Carey
                Packard Hawk

Comment

You certainly are in my thoughts and prayers.

Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Gary, Carey and Joe ... as I said above, thanks for the thoughts and prayers, and Carey, don't worry; the freezer got stocked today!

Comment

Wow-one of my biggest fears,I hope it works out well.Good luck. My younger brother also had all false teeth at 18 years old.
                      The ice cream and jello sounds good though!

Oglesby,Il
                      61Hawk "Studebaker? It must be hard to find parts for those!"
                      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
                      X