This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowlife scum

Its not a Studebaker, but.....some lowlife scumbag keyed my 55 Poncho today.......as it set out in front of my home on the street.

Guess I should be glad they didnt get her new stang convert, or maybe I should be glad I hadnt gotten it painted yet(shes shiney white and rattle can satin black), or maybe I should be glad it wasnt her Hawk.......

Still sucks, insurance wont cover vandillism......

Just makes me want to sell everything I drive JUNK!

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Sucks...but should be over on the Stove Hugger forum.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Sucks... but should be over on the Stove Hugger forum.
      So should half the threads that have been started since that 'other' Forum got started...

StudeDave [8D]
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

It is on the Stove Hugger acccording to my computer

http://bondobilly.com/clay.jpg

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bondobilly

It wasn't originally. I think Bob caught it and moved it over.

I have a soft spot for '55 Pontiacs. My folks bought one new. Station wagon. Stick/OD (fairly rare). White and red. I feel your pain, loc8tor. I hope you get it back soon. [^]

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bondobilly

It wasn't originally. I think Bob caught it and moved it over.

I have a soft spot for '55 Pontiacs. My folks bought one new. Station wagon. Stick/OD (fairly rare). White and red. I feel your pain, loc8tor. I hope you get it back soon. [^]

Dick: Overdrive in a 1955 Pontiac...are you sure it was so equipped? GM finally "caved" and offered overdrive in 1955 Chevrolets in response to market pressure, but I believe Chevrolet was the only division to offer it. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Dick: Overdrive in a 1955 Pontiac...are you sure it was so equipped? GM finally "caved" and offered overdrive in 1955 Chevrolets in response to market pressure, but I believe Chevrolet was the only division to offer it. BP
              I think so. I was only 8 when it was new, but we owned it until 1958 when a new Plymouth Suburban replaced it. I could be wrong of course. It happened one time before .

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

I think so. I was only 8 when it was new, but we owned it until 1958 when a new Plymouth Suburban replaced it. I could be wrong of course. It happened one time before .

Well, that makes two of us, Dick: I was wrong once myself! According to The Standard Catalog of American Cars 1946-1975, only Chevrolet offered overdrive in 1955.

So I'll do some more research when I am poking around some Pontiac-specific books. (One way or another, one of us is going to set a new record by having made two mistakes in our lifetime! I can tell we are on the cusp of an historical event, here!) [}][^]BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

People are rotten. I hate to hear things like this. What posesses people to want to deface someone elses piece of history? (It really sucks, because next to studes, Pontiacs are my favorite, haveing grown up with a dad who owns three. A 58 star chief, a 68 Catalina and a 79 firebird.) It is either jealousy or...well jealousy. I had a guy yell at me today from a gas station for driving my Lark this morning. And it wasn't a "hey nice car!" Shout. It was more like a "WTF are YOU driving that for? I'LL never have anything THAT nice!!" or something like that. What do you do?..

She may have bugs and she may have dings, but that just proves I drive this thing!!

Comment

Bob,
                    Check and see if it makes a difference if it was a Canadian Pontiac or not. I know that from the late 40's into the 50's, canadain pontiacs were different from american pontiacs. IE- american 54 pontiacs still had a Flathead straight 8 mill, while the canadian pontiacs all ran the OHV chevy mills. If that is the case, perhaps this car was a canadian pontiac.

Evan Davis
                    Prairie Bulletin
                    Saskatchewan Chapter
                    Prince Albert, Sk
                    http://www.saskstudebaker.ca/Studebaker.html
                    Evan Davis
                    Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

quote:Originally posted by fargoguy

Bob,
                      Check and see if it makes a difference if it was a Canadian Pontiac or not. I know that from the late 40's into the 50's, canadain pontiacs were different from american pontiacs. IE- american 54 pontiacs still had a Flathead straight 8 mill, while the canadian pontiacs all ran the OHV chevy mills. If that is the case, perhaps this car was a canadian pontiac.
                      It was bought new in Pittsfield, Mass, so probably a US car.

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Be thankful you're not living in our neighbourhood. In the past few weeks several parking areas have been hit and I think the count is now over 500 cars keyed. I hope they catch the little peckerheads, and do something more than slap their wrists. Again last night, within a block of where we live.

Comment

I am so lucky (touching wood) I have had only one car keyed, (within a week of me painting it!), and I was so upset I gave it to someone in exchange for buffing two sets of 1955 stainless. It then took me two years to track it down, and I was lucky to even get it back, because the owner had an accident.

ON MY DAILY DRIVERS, I discovered that I can get full collision (with high deductible) and comprehensive (low deductible) saving me real beg insurance $$. I don't tend to have accidents, so my collision is $1,000 deductible. My windshield is covered for anything over $50. The higher collision limits save really big $$.

Comment

I bought a 3-year-old 80 T-top Trans Am- a local car that I had been in love with since it was new. My first trip with it I went to a local field days (carnival) and parked it along the road. Came back to show my buddies and somebody had dumped beer all over the hood and windshield Good thing I had changed my mind and put the tops in after all... Another time somebody spit on the windshield and driver's door. I loved that car, but sold it the next Spring because worrying about it every time it was parked ended up taking all the enjoyment out of it[V] Couple years later I had an 82 Camaro Indy Pace Car. I had parked it in town, right under a light where a girlfriend could see it from her cashier job. Incredibly the son of a good friend of my father walked right up with a rock, bashed out the driver's door window, and stole my radar detector and tapes out of the glove box! The girlfriend saw him- knows him- and calls the cops. I come out from my volleyball game and see the car and she says, "Frankie ****** did it!" Cops go to his house, he denies it, father finds the stuff, lets the cops take him to jail overnight. Next day his father says someone slipped him a "mickey" and he didn't know what he was doing, and took the car and fixed it. I got my stuff back, didn't press charges.

A couple weeks later Frankie comes to apologize. Tells me he was drugged and lost control but "I'm driving a Vega and seeing that car just p***ed me off, man! So I lost it!"

That really opened my eyes to the jealousy factor. I've never thought that way- instead of wasting time being jealous I start figuring out how to earn the means to get my own! But it seems that there are too many Frankies out there...

As for Frankie- 23 years later he runs a garage locally, and does work for me when we need it. We're not great friends, but we're friendly, and do business. His parents are still good friends, and first-class people.

Life in a small town..........

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                            Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

That story is terrible..unbelievable behavior, "slipped a mickey" from the father as an excuse is even worse. Small town stuff like that is never forgotten, though, is it? I have had a lot of cars over the years and must be very fortunate not to have ever had that happen to any of them. If my car got keyed now, I'd lose it. I worry about a beer, or worse yet, a cigarette in the convertible when the top is down, but you can't stress out over that every time you're away from the car. At the risk of sounding like my neverendingly surly Uncle Bill thirty years ago.."what the hell's wrong with kids these days?"

Comment

Working...
                              X