You know you're an old car nut...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you're an old car nut...

When you binge-watch Alfred Hitchcock Presents episodes on Roku just to see the old cars. I'm guilty!
    It's a bonus if there's much of a plot.

I make the case for Perry Mason. There are some episodes that have Studebaker's and AMC Ambassadors. I also look and see which company provides for the automobiles. Of course, Mr ED I like all the episodes up to 1964.

Bob Miles
    It is easy to be entertained with the old shows

Comment

I like to watch the Untouchables and Highway Patrol just to see the cars. Even later 60's shows like Adam 12 and Dragnet have random shots of Studebakers. Bud

Comment

Saw a '50 Stude while watching Indiana Jones and the crystal skull (?) Ever notice in a newer movie how all the old cars are waxed and shiny? :-) In the same movie, I saw an early-60s Plymouth pass by the shot. Funny when the setting of the film is in the 50s. Hollywood needs US to car consult!

Comment

We watched Forest Gump day before yesterday agaaaiiinnn & I spoted a black 47-52 Starlight in the background, it was only 3 months since we saw it last time but our 12 year "old" Ozzian wanted to see it again, he claims it's his favorite movie.

Comment

One of my all-time favorite movies is Driving Miss Daisy. As much as I love the story, I adore the cars and the sweet, sympathetic way the cars are featured and appreciated.
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bud View Post
              I like to watch the Untouchables and Highway Patrol just to see the cars. Even later 60's shows like Adam 12 and Dragnet have random shots of Studebakers. Bud
              The Untouchables had many rare cars. I remember seeing a young Robert Redford being thrown out of the back seat of a 1933 Studebaker. Another episode had a Pierce Arrow that was on fire in a scene. Walter Winchell with his machine gun rapid narration was also fitting for the time.

Bob Miles
              Yeah, guess I am certified old car nut

Comment

Sixty years ago I fell in love with the Classic Era 30's cars. The difference between then and the reruns today, is that I can now recognize most of them and have owned and driven more then a few.

I also like the early post-war Noir films for the large numbers of pre-war cars. The street scenes are loaded with great looking cars that survived the war only because new cars were not available. It's not a stretch to say that many of these cars would never be seen by the average enthusiast if it was not for having been captured on film. I also love to see how some of the cities have changed over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
                  I make the case for Perry Mason. There are some episodes that have Studebaker's and AMC Ambassadors. I also look and see which company provides for the automobiles. Of course, Mr ED I like all the episodes up to 1964.

Bob Miles
                  It is easy to be entertained with the old shows
                  Yes there are Studes to be seen on PM, its a hoot to see them! In the early episodes Ford Motor provided the vehicles, indeed Perry drives a convertible Fairlane, sometimes a big ass Lincoln, other times he is seen driving a convertible Caddy Eldorado. End credits usually read vehicles provided by the Ford Motor Company.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallabutt View Post
                    Sixty years ago I fell in love with the Classic Era 30's cars. The difference between then and the reruns today, is that I can now recognize most of them and have owned and driven more then a few.

I also like the early post-war Noir films for the large numbers of pre-war cars. The street scenes are loaded with great looking cars that survived the war only because new cars were not available. It's not a stretch to say that many of these cars would never be seen by the average enthusiast if it was not for having been captured on film. I also love to see how some of the cities have changed over the years.
                    The GOAT of Noir is "Touch of Evil". Find one other film that opens with a shot of over three minutes without one cut, its one continuous take!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post

The GOAT of Noir is "Touch of Evil". Find one other film that opens with a shot of over three minutes without one cut, its one continuous take!
                      I never gave it a thought. I watched it for the dozenth time the other night. I'll have to pay closer attention next time I see it.

Comment

Welles was a genius as was the Director of Photography. F-ing AMAZING!

Comment

Working...
                        X