No announcement yet.

November 22, 1963, where were you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a freshman at Greencastle hi. We were in a basement classroom. The teacher had a small radio which he put on the window sill up high. Later we had a full school function. I stood in the gym seats next to my first girlfriend. Unforgettable...
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I was in the inaugrual class of engineering students at what today is the University of Alabama Birmingham.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

I was sitting in my 12th grade history class when the announcement came over the PA that said President Kennedy had been shot. I remember the teacher broke down in tears. Bud

Comment

It was my first birthday, my mom said not a very happy birthday.
          Mike and Dawn

'61 Champ

Comment

I was using a steam jenny to clean the front bumper of a brand X car at the car wash where I worked when a customer said that JFK had been shot. I said "Are you kidding?", but it was quickly obvious that he wasn't.
            --Dwight

Comment

Driving up to the local Dairy Queen, not in a Studebaker, but in a 58 Corvette, to meet my Girlfriend for lunch (she told me)

Comment

I was a sophomore at Woodbridge High in New Jersey, biology class (with the schools most beautiful girl sitting behind me, but that's another topic!) when the announcement came over the p.a, speaker in class telling the outcome. We were in shock & tears were shed my so many. It was the end of an era, Studebaker's end in the U.S. followed just days later as a result.
                59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                64 Zip Van
                66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I shook JFK's hand in Duluth, MN less than a month before he was killed. Long story there, but because he was Catholic, and I attended a Catholic school, the broadcast was piped into our classrooms. When he was declared dead we were marched over to the church. The Sunday morning when LHO was being transferred at the Dallas jail, we were tuned into the news on our B&W TV set while having breakfast. My mother, and none of us 5 kids know why she said this, said, "Someone is going to step up and shoot him."
                  Seconds later Jack Ruby did exactly that. We just sat slackjawed at the kitchen table, and Maw said, "Good. Now that's over."

Comment

Working...
                  X