Ebay Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Help

Can anyone explain to me HOW to cancel an auction that I started. No bites after 4 days.... I have Googled the process but never can find a drag-down that offers "Cancel"

thx
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Go to your active auctions and click on the one to cancel. There's a drop down menu to the right...the heading may say "Sell Similar" or something like that Click on the down arrow and one of the options will be "end listing". There will be a list of reasons why...just pick the most appropriate and click it.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
      Can anyone explain to me HOW to cancel an auction that I started. No bites after 4 days.... I have Googled the process but never can find a drag-down that offers "Cancel"

thx
      Assuming this is a 7 day auction, there may be several people planning on bidding. Many folks will not bid until the last day, or last hour, or even the last seconds. (I fall into the 'bid at the last few seconds' group ).

Are there any people 'watching'? Go to the Seller Hub, click on 'Active Listings', and look in the column labeled 'Watchers'.
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Thank you Bruce.... Worked like you said....

R1Lark: No, not even a nibble... thx
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Just a heads up: If you have less than 24 hours, and one bid, you may not be able to cancel. Glad this worked out for you.

Bob Miles
          Last auction I won I threw in a bid with 30 seconds to go

Comment

May I ask- why would you end an auction early just because you didn’t get any bids? All serious buyers wait until the end to make their bids.

Also, did you take advantage of the auction format, which is putting on a reserve you could live with and then setting a very low opening bid? It’s a surprisingly common thing that sometimes people don’t understand how an auction works, and they will make it no reserve with their opening bid the amount they’re seeking. If that’s what you did, then it doesn’t make much difference if you cancel, that never works anyway.
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
            X