SOB!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOB!

Even though the wife and I received two shots, two boosters, we both came down with covid;-( Saw the doc this morning, he said nothing to do but ride out the systems.

The good news is, these later variants are Blessings in disguise. The symptoms are very mild, often similar to a common cold, and they leave us with powerful antibodies against the earlier, more serious strains, should they ever come around again. These later variants are more contagious than measles, and many of us have had it already, whether we even knew it or not. Most of us will get it, sooner or later. So just follow your doc's advice, and about 99.9 percent probability you'll both be OK. And be thankful for the Blessed antibodies that come with the experience.

Will also put y'all on our Church Prayer List.

Comment

My throat feels like a blow torch is inside of it:-(

Comment

Sounds like all kinds of fun. Best wishes for you and your wife to recover quickly.
        Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Heard a piece this morning on the news regarding a British study of people who had had Covid, recovered, and then also got vaccinated. Although their antibody levels were high, some of them still caught it again. All such cases were mild. The conclusions were that although the latest variant can evade the vaccine to some extent, the vaccines are still effective in preventing serious disease or death. The other conclusion was that eventually we're all gonna get it -- or maybe already had it (and thought it was cold),
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
            Sounds like all kinds of fun. Best wishes for you and your wife to recover quickly.
            Many thanks!

Comment

Sorry to hear! Think about how much fun you will have when you get well! God Bless!

Comment

I have no idea what death or pre death feels like, but gents, this has to rank right up there;-(

Comment

I had the original version of Covid in June of 2020 which caused me to go to the emergency room when my temperature reached 103. Fortunately, it only put me out of commission for about a week, but I still had a lack of energy for about two weeks afterward. Hawklover, I agree with you about what pre death feels like as I felt like I had three cases of the flu at once. Bud

Comment

Sorry to hear that! I am also double vaccinated and single boosted and I got it as well. It was the Sunday before the International so I had to cancel that trip. I had a sore throat -- not terrible, and was really stuffy. Had a slight fever but was completely better within 5 or 6 days. Never lost my senses of smell or taste.

Comment

Originally posted by BobWaitz View Post
                      Sorry to hear that! I am also double vaccinated and single boosted and I got it as well. It was the Sunday before the International so I had to cancel that trip. I had a sore throat -- not terrible, and was really stuffy. Had a slight fever but was completely better within 5 or 6 days. Never lost my senses of smell or taste.
                      Exactly the same here. Not much more than a head cold, with mildly sore throat, and mildly productive cough. Kept me off the motorcycle for almost a week.

Comment

I had the original variant last year in June. Thought it was nothing, so continued to go to work, but then ended up with severe pneumonia. Spent 8 days in the hospital trying to get my lungs to work again. I was worried about permanent damage, but seem to be 100% again. Hopefully the new variants continue to be more mild and less fatal than the first one. Hawklover, by now you should be starting to bounce back to life. Hope all is well.
                        Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Working...
                        X