Jack Stands, aluminum, Harbor Freight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Stands, aluminum, Harbor Freight

I just bought a pair of Harbor Freight aluminum 3-ton jack stands, pn 91760. What are my prospects for continuing to participate in this forum after I crawl under my Studebaker with these holding it up?

They are all aluminum except the U-shaped "lever" and look like a typical steel jack stand. The cashier asked if I wanted to pay extra for an extended warranty. I said, no, if they failed I probably wouldn't be around to collect.
    -Dwight
    Last edited by Dwight FitzSimons; 11-24-2021, 06:59 PM.

Here is a pic.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	000 HF alum jack stands.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1921710

Comment

Whenever I put a car on jack stands, I shake the hell out of the car before getting under it.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
      10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
      56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
      60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Well they already had a recall on jack stands but you probably already knew that....
        https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-releases...ck-stand-users

Comment

When using jack stands I use 6 x 6's as a fail safe.
          Marshall

Comment

Thanks, all, for your input.
            -Dwight

Comment

I'm a little queasy when Jack Stands, Aluminum, and Harbor Freight are used in the same sentence. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                I'm a little queasy when Jack Stands, Aluminum, and Harbor Freight are used in the same sentence. BP
                Yeah, good point! How about "jack stands, aluminum, Harbor Freight, and cinder blocks"?
                -Dwight

Comment

I also shake the car and have back up jacks when on the driveway. I also have a 4 post lift - I feel very safe under it. Unfortunately, I use it for storage for two cars in the winter. I have had a Canadian tire jackstand fold up and drop the car on the rotor. Very scary…

Comment

Working...
                  X