Good Wal-Mart News! <GGG>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Wal-Mart News! <GGG>

A subset of snobbish people refuse to patronize Wal-Mart because of "the kind of people who shop there."

Well, if that subset likes the prices but considers themselves too "good" to be associated with that demographic, Ford has just the ticket: Shop Wal-Mart without going there:

https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...d-walmart.html
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Good post, but I've got to disagree with the "snobbish" part. I went to Wal-Mart last night, went through the checkout lane (with a real life cashier), and pushed my card towards the door. The door greeter demanded to see my receipt which I was holding in my hand. She went through every item in my cart. She couldn't tell cat litter from cat food, so she called a manger over to help her. As this was happening, dozens of other shoppers walked by without being stopped.
    I told them it's not often I shop at a store that treats me like a criminal. Not being a snob, but just expecting basic customer service and respect.

Comment

Were you wearing the outfit pictured?😉

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        A subset of snobbish people refuse to patronize Wal-Mart because of "the kind of people who shop there."

Well, if that subset likes the prices but considers themselves too "good" to be associated with that demographic, Ford has just the ticket: Shop Wal-Mart without going there:

https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...d-walmart.html
        Or they can just shop online.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post

Or they can just shop online.
          I buy a lot from Walmart online. I just combine things in an order until it is over $35 and the shipping is free (without joining their "club"). Many times the items are not even shipped together, but I do not care as long as it is free. I do have a Walmart superstore about seven miles from my home. I think that I last went there about three years ago to pick up a car battery that I ordered online. They can not ship wet batteries. Since then I have purchased a "dry"/AGM battery from Rock Auto that was shipped to my home.
          Last edited by studegary; 09-15-2021, 09:56 AM. Reason: improved grammar
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I'm one of those people who never shop at Wal-Mart.
            It has nothing to do with the people who shop there, but everything to do with the people at the top who run it.

To say it is "snobbish" toward others who shop there seems itself a snobbish assumption.
            Andy
            62 GT

Comment

I'm with Andy. I'll pay higher prices elsewhere before I'll patronize a Walmart.
              Before Sam died he attempted to sell only items made in the U.S.A. to the extent he could.
              After his passing the children have done a 180 degree turn.
              And I'll purchase direct from China when I have to before giving any profits to the Waltons.
              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10,
              '51 Commander Starlight,
              '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
              '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                I'm with Andy. I'll pay higher prices elsewhere before I'll patronize a Walmart.
                Before Sam died he attempted to sell only items made in the U.S.A. to the extent he could.
                After his passing the children have done a 180 degree turn.
                And I'll purchase direct from China when I have to before giving any profits to the Waltons.
                So the Chinese are hiring American employees and executives now!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

Wow. Can you provide the source for your quote? That's not been my experience. The only people I know that won't shop at Walmart are those that want what they purchase to be made in the USA and Walmart doesn't have a very good reputation in this regard.
                  Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R. View Post
                    To say it is "snobbish" toward others who shop there seems itself a snobbish assumption.
                    Being snobbish to the people being snobbish?
                    Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post

Wow. Can you provide the source for your quote? That's not been my experience. The only people I know that won't shop at Walmart are those that want what they purchase to be made in the USA and Walmart doesn't have a very good reputation in this regard.
                      Good grief, Dick; don't get your panties in a wad...is there anyone who trolls my posts to the degree you do? I've just heard that from various people through the years; nothing specific.

It's kind of a joke, OK, guys? (Geeze....are we having a bad Wednesday?)

(I do agree: The Walton family has more or less turned a 180 from Sam's dedication to domestically-sourced products; that saddens me also.) BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The heading above Stove Huggers is thus:

Friendly off-topic discussions about this and that. No politics or religion, please.

Perhaps Wal-Mart should be added to the list of unmentionables; it always seems to garner a disproportionate share of vitriol. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Bob, Steinkamp is just upset because nobody praised him for buying a new tesla.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by billslark View Post
                            Bob, Steinkamp is just upset because nobody praised him for buying a new Tesla.

Bill
                            Ah-Ha!Indeed, that might explain it. 'Hadn't considered that. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Comments about Walmart are neither political nor religious.
                              The corporation is fair game.
                              The internet posts of "The People of Walmart" are a real hoot! https://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
                              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              '33 Rockne 10,
                              '51 Commander Starlight,
                              '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                              '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Working...
                              X