MoPar tapered rear axle questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoPar tapered rear axle questions...

I'm on MoPar forums but it seems most folx there are younger not-so-experianced guys so I try here instead...

So what I need to know is about my -56 New Yorker's rear axel:

It's got a lugbolt broken off on the right side & I've got it out from the drum, now I wonder what size/name to look for when ordering a new one? The splined piece I got out is 15,5mm diameter & (I think it's) 18mm long without the head & the threaded piece that's missing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LugNut OutSide.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1910251

Drums are 12 inches inside diameter.

Then on the left side I can't get the drum off cuz someone's been at it before without the nut turned backwards to prevent the axel to widen, & now I need to rinse the threads, so I wonder if someone here has the same axel on a car & can check or knows the thread?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CenterThread.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	1910252
    This is where that picture-that-refuses-to-get-in-here would be...

Nox, do you know of the web site P15 D24.com. It covers everything Mopar from 1930, to 1960, cars and pickups. A lot of information to be found there.

Bill

Comment

Thanx Bill, no I didn't know that one, thanx to you I'm gonna find out now...

Comment

Ah no, the way to sign up was really silly, all the different things to answer & then dragging a picture of something to a similar looking thing but making it really hard due to the whole picture becoming blue on & on so I'll leave that to those who are way more computer skilled than me...

Comment

Hello Nox,
          Assuming Mopar parts catalogs are done as well as Studebaker's, I think you'll find there all the informations you need. Congrats about the N ew Yorker, by the way. I currently have a picture of one of these hanging on a wall of my office.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X