Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vehicle Transaction price breaches $50K!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vehicle Transaction price breaches $50K!

As a Ford Motor Company stockholder, I receive periodic dispatches regarding the business.

As we know, the shortage of new vehicles has enabled dealers to get higher grosses on the few new vehicles they do have to sell. They pretty much have to, to stay in business with fewer vehicles to sell.

As a result of that, Ford reported the average new-vehicle transaction price at Ford dealers in August 2021 was $50,800....the first time that figure has breached 50 large. 'Gotta' love those $60K+ F-150s!

As Charlie Brown would say, "Good Grief!" BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Especially at Ford. this is not surprising, with their vehicles being trucks and SUVs, not cars. The cars that they do have, the Mustangs, are still toward the high end of cars in price. They have no econoboxes or even standard sedans to bring the price average down. I believe that the higher price and higher margin is what they were after when they basically dropped cars.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Not hard to do with a new pickup. I guess that's why there are now 84 month auto loans.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
        Not hard to do with a new pickup. I guess that's why there are now 84 month auto loans.

Bob
        The most basic rule of home economics - "Never pay interest on a depreciating asset."

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

My 2000 F-150 extended cab 4x4 surpassed 168,000 miles this week. I still use it for snow plowing, occasional firewood hauling, hauling fuel to my excavator for my forestry mulching business, towing trailer when hauling Studebakers for hobby, etcetera.

I purchased it about 9 years ago for $8500. Not counting minor parts and repairs along the way, that equates to approximately $1000 per year for ownership.

With that said, might an equivalent new $60,000 F-150 last me 60 years? That would equate to $1000 per year for ownership....
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
            My 2000 F-150 extended cab 4x4 surpassed 168,000 miles this week. I still use it for snow plowing, occasional firewood hauling, hauling fuel to my excavator for my forestry mulching business, towing trailer when hauling Studebakers for hobby, etcetera.

I purchased it about 9 years ago for $8500. Not counting minor parts and repairs along the way, that equates to approximately $1000 per year for ownership.

With that said, might an equivalent new $60,000 F-150 last me 60 years? That would equate to $1000 per year for ownership....
            You are conveniently neglecting how the value of money has changed over the last nine years and will change over the next 60.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              As a Ford Motor Company stockholder, I receive periodic dispatches regarding the business.

As we know, the shortage of new vehicles has enabled dealers to get higher grosses on the few new vehicles they do have to sell. They pretty much have to, to stay in business with fewer vehicles to sell.
              Ford is finally doing what Toyota and Nissan have been doing all along since the introducing the Tundra and the Titan; not madly discounting them by not participating in the (once) Big Three's highly competitive sales number race of doing what it takes to be #1 Best Seller in light trucks.

Sure, being #1 in sales makes for good headlines on the Front Page, but then find out in the Business section, they hardly made any profit?? (GM comes to mind with their significant rebates in the early 2000's which only came back to bite them in the a$$ in late 2008.)

Craig

Comment

I'm glad I have no desire to own a new vehicle... and I live in an area where my 35 year old truck won't rot out from under me. If all goes to plan, I will be driving it until my inevitable demise.
                Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

I bought my newest vehicle twelve years ago for $3K; a 1998 S-10, now with 232,000 miles, and still working too well for my purposes. 4.3L Vortec and 5-speed manual.
                  In fact I just ordered a new front bumper.
                  I do like it with the Camaro rally wheels.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	P7071381.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	1910085
                  "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10,
                  '51 Commander Starlight,
                  '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                  '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Working...
                  X