No announcement yet.

BK Supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I purchased my 19 Ram I was very specific about what I wanted. My local dealer found it 305 miles away in Indiana and did a dealer exchange to deliver it. The GM said that was farther than they had traveled previously to exchange vehicles.

If dealers cut inventory in anticipation of more factory orders even the dealer exchanges will become more difficult or require more travel that costs more to accomplish.

I continue to be skeptical about how well the factory order model will improve profitability. But them, I don't have an MBA.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

I'm surprised your local dealer didn't do the searching for you. Dealers often trade new vehicles back & forth for customers who are looking for a specific vehicle.

Craig
      True. Our first (and only) brand new car was acquired that way.
      On this round we wanted a 2015 VW TDI wagon with lighting package in a specific color...in 2017-8.
      Dealers were scooping up all the "buybacks" for retro-fitting (VWoA paid) and not letting them go.
      Even found a true unicorn - our exact car with manual 6sp, but better half doesn't like to row in traffic.
      Andy
      62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

I'm surprised your local dealer didn't do the searching for you. Dealers often trade new vehicles back & forth for customers who are looking for a specific vehicle.

Craig
        When I bought my new Datsun 280-Z back in 1976, the dealer traded an in-stock silver one to another dealer to get the bronze/copper one that I wanted. He kept complaining to me that the silver ones were easier to sell and he had lost potential sales because of the trade. The fact that he actually made a sale to me seemed to be lost on him.

My next car came from a broker. The "dealer experience" is repugnant to me.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
        10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
        56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
        60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R. View Post

True. Our first (and only) brand new car was acquired that way.
          On this round we wanted a 2015 VW TDI wagon with lighting package in a specific color...in 2017-8.
          Dealers were scooping up all the "buybacks" for retro-fitting (VWoA paid) and not letting them go.
          Even found a true unicorn - our exact car with manual 6sp, but better half doesn't like to row in traffic.
          I have a neighbor that has one of those TDI wagons that he uses for commuting. He likes it.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post

When I bought my new Datsun 280-Z back in 1976, the dealer traded an in-stock silver one to another dealer to get the bronze/copper one that I wanted. He kept complaining to me that the silver ones were easier to sell and he had lost potential sales because of the trade. The fact that he actually made a sale to me seemed to be lost on him.

My next car came from a broker. The "dealer experience" is repugnant to me.
            ^Merriam-Webster just called wanting their definition of "irony" back.
            He must have been surprised when you actually drove the car away from the lot after you bought it.

Roy, I have a freebie radio here in SF for you if you want it. PM me for details.
            Andy
            62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R. View Post

Roy, I have a freebie radio here in SF for you if you want it. PM me for details.
              Thanks Andy. My PM system is disabled, per my request.

My email address is in my profile. Would you mind sending me an email, since yours is not in your profile, please?
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
              10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
              56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
              60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                I don’t think that there is any business that isn’t fighting supply issues. As if the crazy covid shutdowns weren’t enough.
                We all wish the issues were as simple as the "crazy" covid shutdowns. There are dozens and dozens of freighters waiting to be unloaded at Long Beach and other ports around the country.
                Surprisingly, I ordered a tire inflator on the internet. It was sent from China via standard post; and I received it in seven days!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/08/busin...=pocket-newtab
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10,
                '51 Commander Starlight,
                '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Working...
                X