Another defunct South Bend company: Dila-Therm Co, Inc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another defunct South Bend company: Dila-Therm Co, Inc

Satisfaction guaranteed or return it for a refund.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dila-therm.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1906567

And the subsequent findings of the Federal Trade Commission that put them out of business.

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/doc...wvwT4wejKOPsXA

I think they just advertised it for the wrong purpose.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Medical quackery or sex toy?
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

^ Your choice.

Nuthin' much I can add here, but the picture of this device brings something to mind (no. not that)... Didn't all the electric appliances from those days look very serious, like they were made for industrial duty? From mixers to toasters to hairdryers, you ended up with a big hunk of metal and a heavy power cord. They didn't mess around!

Also, this instrument looks a bit like a Martian neutralizer or something...

-LH
      Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
        Medical quackery or sex toy?
        Well, if you read the FTC ruling, I guess it was proven to be medical quackery; so I can only surmise what it was really intended for could not be legally advertised at the time.
        Nowadays would be different, if not still discreet. And quite probably not nearly as well made.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10,
        '51 Commander Starlight,
        '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

What in god's (Note small 'g' ) name were you looking for when you found this ? .

I haven't had this much fun in many years reading 'legal boiler plate'.

Please keep all of us informed on your archive published data research outcomes.

Comment

Originally posted by firestoper 25 View Post
            What in god's (Note small 'g' ) name were you looking for when you found this ?
            Just the sort of thing you stumble across on some Facebook group page.
            And your reaction is "SAY WHAT?!!!"
            The group in question is "Firesign Theatre."
            But I wouldn't have shared it here if it hadn't been an actual South Bend company.

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10,
            '51 Commander Starlight,
            '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Lead on......lead on !

Comment

Working...
              X