Tire pressure guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire pressure guage

So the gauge I keep in the Avanti is shot. Any suggestions for a replacement?..........willing to spend a few dollars more for a quality device.............hmm, quality, is that even possible today?

The pencil shaped ones are generally more repeatable and reliable than the dial gauge types. The dial gauge types are OK until they are dropped and then they are inaccurate.

This information is from a Consumer reports article from some years ago.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Try an auto parts store for a quality one... If you purchase one at the dollar store, you will probably regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
        The pencil shaped ones are generally more repeatable and reliable than the dial gauge types. The dial gauge types are OK until they are dropped and then they are inaccurate.

This information is from a Consumer reports article from some years ago.
        Yeah, not so much..!
        I think that the "some years ago" are the key words..! A cheap gauge is a cheap gauge, simple as that.
        Do you want cheap, inexpensive, or quality ? As with everything else...quality won't cost $10 .

And even MORE important than actual accuracy, is "repeatability". If the gauge is two lbs. off who really cares, as long as it's repeatable. They need to be close to the same pressure readings, every time that you use them.

Check here, from cheap to quality -
        https://www.summitracing.com/search?...essure%20gauge

I use the AutoMeter 2160.
        Remember, that the low 10% and the high 10% of the gauge, like any other gauge can be discounted as not always accurate. Just like a torque wrench..!

Mike

Comment

Many thanks gents!........I am willing to pay up to 30-40 dollars.

Comment

Working...
          X