X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rowan
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenstude View Post
    Dog owners who drive a vehicle with a dog sitting in their laps must be among the most distracted (and idiotic) drivers of all. Also, what happens to the dog if their is a sudden stop or a minor collision?
    our dogs are haltered and tethered to the shoulder belts. No flying dogs please.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BA09458B-8E5C-4D0C-91C6-14B9475CD7A2.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	1904774

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard
    replied
    Dick,
    One of our dogs loves beer! This would be heaven for him. The other (female) prefers white wine (in moderation of course).
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwight FitzSimons View Post
    BTW, why aren't there cat parks? It doesn't seem fair.
    -Dwight
    We have something close in Bellingham....and they serve beer.

https://nekocatcafe.com/about-us

The dog equivalent...

https://www.pawsforabeer.com/

But then with 17 craft breweries and a population of 90k, EVERY store in Bellingham serves beer

https://www.bellingham.org/itinerari...see-breweries/

Leave a comment:

• Greenstude
    replied
    Dog owners who drive a vehicle with a dog sitting in their laps must be among the most distracted (and idiotic) drivers of all. Also, what happens to the dog if there is a sudden stop or a minor collision?
    Last edited by Greenstude; 07-27-2021, 07:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Dogs are easier to please than children these days, and cost far less!

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Dwight FitzSimons
    replied
    One might get his dose of "dog" by going to a dog park and enjoying other people's dogs. No cost, no mess, no responsibility. BTW, why aren't there cat parks? It doesn't seem fair.
    -Dwight

Leave a comment:

• Brianbo
    replied
    My little guy went with to recycle the beer bottles from my patio. He’s a helper!

Leave a comment:

• Lark Hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by rowan View Post
    Nice kitty looking for a tidbit.
    Haha. I think you nailed it! She might have been wanting me to bend down so she could jump up on my shoulder, too (can't remember, as the pic was from about two years ago).

Leave a comment:

• rowan
    replied
    Nice kitty looking for a tidbit.

Leave a comment:

• Lark Hunter
    replied
    Since we're showing off pictures of our family dogs, here's mine:

Name:	fullsizeoutput_d2e.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	1904287

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    In most places I've lived, it's been against the law to bring a dog (maybe except legitimate guide dogs) into a restaurant. The laws generally do permit dogs in outside patio eating areas, and some restaurants advertise that dogs are welcome in such areas as a way to attract dog owners. I have no problem with that distinction.

Leave a comment:

• Hallabutt
    replied
    So reading through the responses it becomes clear that for the most part we are of a like mind when it comes to animals in stores and restaurants. A case of a few thoughtless people spoiling it for everyone else. We are former dog owners and loved our dogs as part of the family, but there were rules for the dogs at home as well as on a trip. It's just common courtesy to consider the situation and the rights of others before you act in a way breaks a law or the unwritten covenant of good citizenship. I don't think civility is dead, but the rules are certainly being taxed.

Leave a comment:

• tsenecal
    replied
    We travel with our two dogs, one 75 pound black lab mix, and one white 5 pound Maltese. They make quite a site walking along on leashes together. That being said, they would never go into a restaurant or grocery store. Occasionally the farm and ranch store or lumber yard.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard
    replied
    Matthew,
    Don't let him (her?) hear you refer to him as a goofball-They are extremely perceptive! What a great looking pup!
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
    I agree Matthew as we find our dogs (two Golden Retrievers) to be better company than most people.
    I’m of the same mindset. Most of the time I prefer the company of this goofball over anyone else.

Name:	CF18E4FE-172A-477E-B553-8B9E2EAF8E90.jpeg
Views:	172
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	1903654
    Last edited by mbstude; 07-17-2021, 07:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X