Dogs everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(opinion)
    We lost our German Shepherd (Sarge) at 9 months due to an inoperable stage 4 heart murmer.
    After Sarge died I said I wanted no more dogs. If you live long enough you will go through a lot of dogs.
    I told my wife Carrie I only wanted ceramic dishwasher safe dogs.
    I am in total control at my place.... So.......
    Currently we have two dogs (Buddy, a GSD and Pal, a Black Belgian Malinois).
    Both are rescues. Both are neutered. They are best friends, dog wise.
    They are hilarious. High energy play dogs. I do love them both. Sigh....
    Their store adventures have been comical.
    Needless to say, they stay home when we go shopping.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200720_080952.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.2 KB ID:	1903307
    Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 07-15-2021, 05:15 AM.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Two good looking dogs Jeff!
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Two GREAT looking dogs, Jeff.
        And like us , both rescues! It doesn't get any better than that. Good on you and Carrie.
        Cheers,
        Bill & Sonja

Comment

Over 37 years I had 3 border collies. To me they are the best dogs in the world, just don't EVER let them get bored. They need something to do all the time and if you don't train them and let them get bored, then that's on you. Knowing what I knew about dog behavior I acquiesced when my wife decided to rescue a Siberian Husky. I thought, "How different can they be?"
          Needless to say I was not only completely wrong but hadn't a clue as to how huskies behave, interact, work, etc. Everything I knew about dog behavior had to be flushed down the toilet. We had Loki for 12 years and after the first six months I had a "Talkin" with Loki. I told him it was my way or no way. Tough love!
          After our "Talkin" he straightened up, went to work with me, fished in the river, became the best judge of character I have ever seen, and told me when it was quitting time. I look at turning that dog around as one of my proudest achievements. For those 12 years we were inseparable.
          Was he my favorite dog?
          Hard to say. I guess I need some more time to gauge that, but he certainly was the most challenging.

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
            (opinion)
            We lost our German Shepherd (Sarge) at 9 months due to an inoperable stage 4 heart murmer.
            After Sarge died I said I wanted no more dogs. If you live long enough you will go through a lot of dogs.
            I told my wife Carrie I only wanted ceramic dishwasher safe dogs.
            I am in total control at my place.... So.......
            Currently we have two dogs (Buddy, a GSD and Pal, a Black Belgian Malinois).
            Both are rescues. Both are neutered. They are best friends, dog wise.
            They are hilarious. High energy play dogs. I do love them both. Sigh....
            Their store adventures have been comical.
            Needless to say, they stay home when we go shopping.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20200720_080952.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.2 KB ID:	1903307
            Nice looking dogs. Maybe you should train the dogs to go shopping and you stay home

Bob Miles
            If Arnold Ziffel can do, they should be able to as well

Comment

Karen and I are currently in the process of changing Doctors..... the other day when I was in the waiting room, then the "inspection" room, there were 5 dogs. Two fighting and running in the hall, one walking in circles through the waiting room and offices, one in my Dr.s arms, and one in his wife's (another Dr.) office. We loved our old Boxer so much, but there is a time and place for everything, but this sure ain't it !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                I agree Matthew as we find our dogs (two Golden Retrievers) to be better company than most people.
                I’m of the same mindset. Most of the time I prefer the company of this goofball over anyone else.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CF18E4FE-172A-477E-B553-8B9E2EAF8E90.jpeg
Views:	170
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	1903654
                Last edited by mbstude; 07-17-2021, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Matthew,
                  Don't let him (her?) hear you refer to him as a goofball-They are extremely perceptive! What a great looking pup!
                  Bill

Comment

We travel with our two dogs, one 75 pound black lab mix, and one white 5 pound Maltese. They make quite a site walking along on leashes together. That being said, they would never go into a restaurant or grocery store. Occasionally the farm and ranch store or lumber yard.

Comment

So reading through the responses it becomes clear that for the most part we are of a like mind when it comes to animals in stores and restaurants. A case of a few thoughtless people spoiling it for everyone else. We are former dog owners and loved our dogs as part of the family, but there were rules for the dogs at home as well as on a trip. It's just common courtesy to consider the situation and the rights of others before you act in a way breaks a law or the unwritten covenant of good citizenship. I don't think civility is dead, but the rules are certainly being taxed.

Comment

In most places I've lived, it's been against the law to bring a dog (maybe except legitimate guide dogs) into a restaurant. The laws generally do permit dogs in outside patio eating areas, and some restaurants advertise that dogs are welcome in such areas as a way to attract dog owners. I have no problem with that distinction.
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

Since we're showing off pictures of our family dogs, here's mine:

Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_d2e.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	1904287
                          Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Nice kitty looking for a tidbit.

Comment

Originally posted by rowan View Post
                              Nice kitty looking for a tidbit.
                              Haha. I think you nailed it! She might have been wanting me to bend down so she could jump up on my shoulder, too (can't remember, as the pic was from about two years ago).
                              Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

My little guy went with to recycle the beer bottles from my patio. He’s a helper!

Comment

Working...
                                X