Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repairing the lightning rods on Christ the Redeemer Statue in Rio de Janeiro.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repairing the lightning rods on Christ the Redeemer Statue in Rio de Janeiro.

Click below and hang on tight

What A View

It took my breath away just watching it. My wife and I got close to visiting this a few years ago, but it was raining so hard they shut down the little shuttle train.
    Perry
    \'50 Business Champion
    \'50 Starlight Champion
    \'60 Lark Convertible,
    \'63 GT R1,
    \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Bill, this video caused me to relive climbing onto the mast of the ship I was on in the Navy to clean the radio antennae insulators. I was 90+ feet in the air, standing on a wire rope fastened to the underside of the mast, holding on to the mast with one arm and cleaning the insulator with a wire brush in the other hand. Oh, and it was below freezing and I couldn't feel my hands.
      I don't think I'll watch this video a second time, but thanks for sharing it. I loved the cell phone call in the middle of the tech's work while he was sitting all the way out on the statue's outstretched hand. Nerves of steel.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I am pretty I could never do that!

Yesterday I climbed a ladder about 12 feet to get up in the rafters of a friend's garage and toss stuff down to him. I thought that was hard! (It certainly was a lot harder than when I was 20).

Comment

Were they sponsored by Pirelli?
          Last edited by DTHolder; 04-12-2021, 10:29 AM.
          DT Holder - Bakersfield CA, USA
          1950 Commander ("Resto-Mod" in progress)

Comment

And still can't be afraid of heights: I hope you are not afraid of heights. - Studebaker Drivers Club Forum

Craig

Comment

Ooooooooh no.!!

Comment

Working...
              X