Richard Lentinello's new magazine: Crankshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lark Hunter View Post

Am looking forward to reading about this car . Toward the end of my senior year in high school and beyond, I owned a highly optioned 1978 LeSabre Custom 4 dr; which on the face of it, doesn't sound like much. It was very sharp looking, though! Two tone dark metallic red with gold pinstripe, 15x7 Buick Rallye Wheels, sport mirrors, dark tinted windows, and no vinyl top. It had a med-dark red interior, and *almost* every option in the book. Was powered by a 403 Olds; top engine option that year... complete with "fuel economy" indicator lights on the face of the gas gauge- one lit up green to let you know you were getting poor gas mileage, and another illuminated amber when it was worse. I really loved that car, and it was a comfortable place to be... I even spread out and did homework assignments in the Buick on occasion, as it was a much more relaxed place to be than trying to stay out of the path of a frequently raging step mother at home Had a good stereo, map and reading lights everywhere, and a large analog clock on the dash to keep me from getting reamed for arriving home late.
    Tory,

When I get my copy, I will bring it to the April SAC board meeting so you can see the magazine and read the article.

Bob Miles

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post

Tory,

When I get my copy, I will bring it to the April SAC board meeting so you can see the magazine and read the article.

Bob Miles
      Thank ya kindly, Bob!
      Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Dang; and a friend just gave me subscriptions to all 3 Hemmings’ as a retirement gift.

Comment

Got mine today!! Will open it tonight, came in a really nice cardboard mailer.
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Working...
          X