Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As seen in today’s paper...as EV cars increase...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just leaked today: In the United States and Canada VW has just announced that they will be renaming themselves to VOLTSWAGEN.

In a bizarre marketing concept, the manufacturer wishes to show where their future is going. Strangely, the rest of the world they will remain as Volkswagen and even here we will use the familiar VW logo. Strange times indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by NCDave51 View Post
      Just leaked today: In the United States and Canada VW has just announced that they will be renaming themselves to VOLTSWAGEN.
      I read that too. It smacks of overreaching PR stunt, and I can't imagine them actually following through with this (though I don't have a working crystal ball at the moment). Modern EV's have a lot going for them, and I think they'll be finding homes in ever more driveways going forward, even if the manufacturers leave the cringe marketing in the closet.

Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Was a poorly crafted early April Fool's Day joke.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
          Was a poorly crafted early April Fool's Day joke.
          Nope. It’s legit. And perfectly timed for the arrival of the ID4....see search pic.

We are a VW family and have been awaiting this one for a while. I’m repainting the rim-edges of my Lark wheels; while letting them dry after scrubbing yesterday in the background happen to be two 2008 VW‘s my kids drive....

Comment

Originally posted by NCDave51 View Post

Nope. It’s legit. ...
            "WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG's U.S. unit apologized on Wednesday after a false statement it issued about a name change was widely slammed on social media."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/volks...152816914.html
            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG's U.S. unit apologized on Wednesday after a false statement it issued about a name change was widely slammed on social media."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/volks...152816914.html
              Personally...I think it is a bit of obvious opportunistic genius if they have taken the name and copyrighted it! Compared to some of the absolutely absurdly insane insurance commercials we see these days..."Voltswagen" makes a lot of sense in advertising. It actually makes sense in relation to market trending, but phonetically falls from the lips with familiar association. If they produce a product that lives up to the tradition they will be fine.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Watt's new for 2022? Ohms my gosh, it's the Voltswagen Lightning Bug!

Happy Ampril Fools Day!

sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Is voltswagen the peoples volt? Or the volt car? Hmmm. One of the funniest/dumbest jokes ever attempted.

I live in an apartment that doesn’t have an electric car charger even though it was just built a couple years ago. One a couple blocks down does though. I think apartments and city centers in general may prove to be the hardest obstacle for electric cars, where do we charge them?

however, I can see myself getting the new GMC Hummer truck and the SUV was also just announced that looks really nice. It’s one of the first electric cars that’s spoken to me. I’ve driven a Tesla 3 and it was nice, not the highest HP model but still fast enough. It wasn’t fun and the fit/finish of Tesla doesn’t impress me. But as a daily? It would be about perfect. It just does the car thing so well. It goes and stops and is quiet and largely free of road noise. Electric cars make a good case for themselves

Comment

Working...
                  X