• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat long lost Ford Turbine powered truck found

https://www.thedrive.com/news/37925/...=pocket-newtab
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Thank you. I found the article to be very interesting. I was at the NY World's Fair several times, but do not remember that truck.

It brings back memories of the Chrysler Turbine Car. I saw one of the ones with the Thunderbird look, in a local parking lot. I also saw an earlier Chrysler turbine car (a sedan). This was when it was at the Texaco Research Center undergoing tests. My father was employed there and brought me in at night to see the turbine car.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Great article, especially the tie-in with H&M. I remember that sale very well, although I couldn't afford to buy anything.
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Spent a lot of time at that World's Fair, and remember it well. Admit that I hadn't given much \thought to what happened to it after the fair, however.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

That truck would fit right in at the antique truck museum in Auburn Indiana, which is housed in an old building from the Auburn Core Deusenberg factory.
          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Didn’t know about the Fords, but the National Museum of Transportation in St. Louis has a running Chrysler.

Comment

Partially related, if you want to hear a turbine engine run, here’s Jay Leno’s turbine-powered Chrysler. It’s a good video with some history, but if you just want to see the car start and drive, skip ahead to the 16:30 mark:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b2A5ijU3Ivs
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
              X