Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$99 Harbor Freight engine in a Honda Insight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $99 Harbor Freight engine in a Honda Insight!

Ya' gotta hand it to this guy (from today's Hagerty Daily News). Hilarious:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/mainte...ay_DailyDriver

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I came upon the video for this car on YouTube last week. It performs much better than I thought it would.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

As my mother often said, "Just because you can doesn't mean you should."

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Before I got the Studebaker, I looked into Cyclekarts. They use either a Honda 200 cc engine or the Predator. It also uses the CVT. If you check out Dennis Thomas on Youtube, his modified karts can go up to 45mph. With modifications, they can double the horsepower, but the weak link usually ends up being the belt for the CVT. That's with a 200+lb. kart, with a 200+lb driver. I cannot imagine it would last any longer with the body of a car attached to it. I never got any further than to get an engine, CVT, starter and a basic frame made from a ladder.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010071.JPG Views:	0 Size:	170.9 KB ID:	1883044

Comment

Working...
        X