Car Show Game - 1950s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
    Question 12 is important to us Studebaker fans. I did not realize that it has been 12-13 years since the car has been gone. Thanks to the quizmaster for posting it. Bob Miles
    Yep; since May 9, 2009. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

ok Let’s try that with Cars 2000-2010! Bet nobody would get 25% right!

Comment

100% Clearly a geezer quiz. I'd be lucky to get any right on cars of the 2000s.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by 64V19816 View Post
          ok Let’s try that with Cars 2000-2010! Bet nobody would get 25% right!
          I'll take that bet if the quiz is organized the same as this one. I would probably do even better with 1990s cars because I was selling new and used cars in that time frame.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The Willys Aero Wing was easy for me as I had a 53 Aero Ace when I was a kid. Bud

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post

I'll take that bet if the quiz is organized the same as this one. I would probably do even better with 1990s cars because I was selling new and used cars in that time frame.
              I dunno...try this, do like we done a few days ago. We went to Popeyes, got that Great spicy chicken sandwich,....and parked in their lot, facing a very busy road. As the myriad of nearly identicle white/grey/Silver/Black 4 door aerodynamic passive vehicles went by...Oh! A dark red car!...then more of the same. ....Go Ahead.....ID them! Make, Year and Model Name.

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                100% Clearly a geezer quiz. I'd be lucky to get any right on cars of the 2000s.
                Good point, Skip. We'd probably do OK if it was just the make we had to identify, but the model year would be impossible. We bought a new 2008 Impala and the first 2009 model that dealer got happened to be identical to ours in color, interior, and options. You honestly had to look at the VIN to know which was which; there was no other way to distinguish the two. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_85444.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	1882000 . This aero look restarted with the 1983 Thunderbird, which thirty eight years later,, still appears modern. The public has seen smooth and rounded for a loooong time. But to change means bucking the air tunnel.

Comment

Eddie,
                    I too scored a lowly 94% with the emblems posing my biggest problem.
                    Oh well thanks for posting.
                    Bill

Comment

Originally posted by 64V19816 View Post

I dunno...try this, do like we done a few days ago. We went to Popeyes, got that Great spicy chicken sandwich,....and parked in their lot, facing a very busy road. As the myriad of nearly identicle white/grey/Silver/Black 4 door aerodynamic passive vehicles went by...Oh! A dark red car!...then more of the same. ....Go Ahead.....ID them! Make, Year and Model Name.
                      I specified that the quiz be organized like this one. Even with your proposal, I believe that I would do ok on make and model. With many, they would at least have to be standing still, as in a picture, to get the year (to see minor changes like tail lights). Sort of like telling a '53 from a '54 Studebaker by the grille and tail lights. No Popeyes around here to park at. Also, I do not eat in my cars.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

How about trying the same on cars from the 1920's..?
                        sigpic

Josephine
                        Champion V8
                        4d sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                          How about trying the same on cars from the 1920's..?
                          I would not do well. To me, most of them just look like boxes. I guess that it mostly comes down to what you know and are used to/grew up with.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

98% for me

Comment

Working...
                            X