My monthly excuse for lack of progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My monthly excuse for lack of progress

So my Hawk just sits in my unheated garage, and it’s been below zero for what feels like weeks. How do all of you guys deal with your projects when it’s cold out?
    Proud new owner of a 56 Power Hawk!

Heat the garage to a reasonable level (60).
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you. If I can bring the thing I'm working on in the basement I do that. Otherwise it just waits until it is above freezing!

Comment

Wait until is above 40 deg in the polebarn while doing small projects and practicing chipping and putting in the heated area above.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Daan View Post
          So my Hawk just sits in my unheated garage, and it’s been below zero for what feels like weeks. How do all of you guys deal with your projects when it’s cold out?
          Move to Arizona for 6 months.

Bob Miles

Comment

And Daan up here in Green Bay on the lake with the 51 mph wind two nights ago.......we just turned the furnace up to 75 and confirmed the Las Vegas reservations for 22 Feb through 7 Mar. During these two weeks I will re plan my attack on 63R1089's problems for the warmer weather and the 'Honey Must Do' season.

Comment

My shop is insulated, and it has a wood stove in one corner. First thing in the morning I walk the dog, then go to the shop and build a fire. While things are warming up I have breakfast and coffee, check on the forum, and it is usually livable by the time I get back up there.

Comment

Yuuuuck. I complain a lot, but I actually like living here. It’s hard to remember why when it’s like this outside though...

Comment

Daan, My John Deere 650 diesel looks at me from the shop and say's don't even think of starting me let alone taking me outside to drag snow. The dumb thing is I have an enclosed cab WITH heater that I did NOT get around to putting on Mr. Deere last fall. Guess who's wife is laughing?

Comment

Yuuuuck. I complain a lot, but I actually like living here. It’s hard to remember why when it’s like this outside though...
                    Well...if you look at my location, my explanation for not working on outside projects are "excuses." But, for you guys living where winter is very "real"...it is called "a reason!" The truth is that as we age our vulnerabilities change and we must adapt to manage our risks and maintain our health. No excuses required.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I tried starting my daily this morning and it just wouldn’t... The thermometer in the car said -29, but I was too worried about not getting my kids to school, to shoot a picture. I had to go dig out my battery charger and plug the van in for a while to get it to cooperate. Ugh, another week and we’re back to 20’s-30’s weather. If I don’t turn into the Human Popsicle first.
                      And I shouldn’t complain too much, my sister in law has a Dairy farm and they’re outside dealing with their 150-ish cows in this weather.

Comment

jclary, My solution for the last 51 years has been to 'send the wife' outside .

Well she is the ONE who would NOT move to Nevada when I got out of college (I even had a job in my area of study all set!!!!)

One of us was smart enough to want to get out of this infernal white blowing poop!

Boy here is hoping she never finds this post.....

I have to go check on her to see if her electric socks & mittens are still preforming.

Comment

So my 53 just sits in the unheated garage, AND, I just sit in the heated house... EASY . At my age IF IT AIN'T FUN I HESITATE TO DO IT.

Comment

It's so cold and snowy here that the wife just keeps staring through the window. If it gets any worse, I might have to let her in.
                            sigpic
                            Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                              It's so cold and snowy here that the wife just keeps staring through the window. If it gets any worse, I might have to let her in.
                              Man, you ain't right. If she sees this you may GET OUT of the house on your way to the EMERGENCY ROOM

Comment

Working...
                              X