Studebaker Addicts facebook group questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Addicts facebook group questions

At this late date, I finally decided to get on facebook a couple weeks ago. A few days after setting up my "page", I tried to join the Studebaker Addicts group via the "join group" button. Notice came up saying the admin needed to approve and I would get a notice. OK.

A while later, the notice about getting a notice went away. On my page, when I check to see if I am in any groups, its says none and I don't see a way to post anything on the Studebaker page so I assume I am not approved.

Just wondering if there is anything I messed up or just need to wait it out. Thanks.

Jeff in ND

Try joining again. It can't hurt.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

It may take up to 24 hours to get approved by the adminstrator.

Craig

Comment

Once on there, Facebook will only take milliseconds to sell all your information to any advertiser who'll pay for it.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
          Once on there, Facebook will only take milliseconds to sell all your information to any advertiser who'll pay for it.

jack vines
          Jack, I've been on Facebook just about daily for a decade and haven't had that experience.
          It's up to the user to configure their preferences and, while ads can't be totally blocked, you can filter what information you choose to share.

"All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10,
          '51 Commander Starlight,
          '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
          '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
            At this late date, I finally decided to get on facebook a couple weeks ago. A few days after setting up my "page", I tried to join the Studebaker Addicts group via the "join group" button. Notice came up saying the admin needed to approve and I would get a notice. OK.
            If it's been more than 24 hours, something probably went wrong. I've never had a join request hanging in limbo, so I'm not sure what you're able to see. Is there an option to contact an admin? If not, the should be an option to cancel the request. If you hit "cancel", then hit "join" again, and it should go through.

Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
              Jack, I've been on Facebook just about daily for a decade and haven't had that experience.
              It's up to the user to configure their preferences and, while ads can't be totally blocked, you can filter what information you choose to share.
              Glad Facebook works for you, but just because you "haven't had that experience" doesn't mean it isn't happening where you can't see it. Just do search. Over the past several years, Facebook has been fined billions of dollars by countries all around the world for selling users data to advertisers and unscrupulous research companies. Cambridge Analytica is only the most widely known.

jack vines

PackardV8

Comment

(opinion)
                I have been on just about every forum there is, going back to before the Usenet days.
                Some are better than others. Some are worse than others. Some grow. Some shrink.
                The two constants? #1 is content. It takes good content to make a forum successful.
                #2 is people. It takes two to argue. That gets worse when there are two thousand.
                Winter makes this even worse.
                Let's just have fun with this hobby and quit throwing stones.
                That gets real old real fast. (Faster than we are growing old <lol>).
                The real restraint on a forum is not hitting the post button. (and I am just as bad as the next guy)...
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

It’s an interesting study in psychology to try to understand the (very few) people who have somehow developed such an irrational negative opinion of Facebook that it leads to wildly exaggerated, and even fabricated, claims. And sometimes it even comes from otherwise decent and rational, even accomplished, folks. It can be mind boggling. It rears its head on this forum every so often.

It’s in the same category of those who used to say ‘I’m not buying anything off the internet, I’m not having my credit card information “out there floating around”.... or ‘I’m not getting one of those smart-phones, there’s no real use for them and the government tracks everything you do when you have one’. Meanwhile most of us instantly find and instantly order items we need, at the best price, to be delivered to our door, and run the majority of our businesses through a ‘smarty phone’, and do so anywhere we are, when we get a minute to do so... and somehow manage to survive year after year without any of the wild negative consequences some warn of.

Smart phones and the internet are the same as Facebook: they’re tools you can use to improve your life if you choose, or not. I just don’t get the level of fear.
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                  X