Photos From "BACK IN THE DAY"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos From "BACK IN THE DAY"

Just had some old saved pictures I ran across. That it might be fun to start a new thread. The first one I will post is the DeSoto /Plymouth dealership in Wetumpka, Alabama. This was taken in front of a NAPA store I worked in, across the street.

Click image for larger version

Name:	default (4).jpg
Views:	326
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1875919

Lets see what you have from : BACK IN THE DAY"

A pic of the Ford dealer and the Stude dealership my Dad worked at , both in Clinton, TN. Click image for larger version

Name:	morris bolling.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	1875936Click image for larger version

Name:	old stude place.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	1875937 The road in front of the Studebaker dealer flooded pretty bad, and they were installing drain pipes. Seemed like it flooded worse after that, ha ! We saw several loads get "de-topped" under that railroad bridge through the years too.

Comment

Here we go with a "showroom" of the Desoto / Plymouth dealership in post 1 :

Name:	default (3).jpg
Views:	248
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1876677

Comment

I wish this station and gas prices were still around

Name:	default (8).jpg
Views:	192
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	1879971

Comment

Just speaks for itself I guess !!

Name:	default (1).jpg
Views:	127
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	1883869

Comment

The Buick dealership I worked in when I was 16-17 years old. The "the wash rack" as we called it, and the Porcelainize area. Anybody remember what porcelainize meant ??
            Here we go, Brewbaker Buick in Montgomery, Alabama . Got a almost new nail head factory replaced engine from here for my 40 ford coupe Only a valve problem !!

Name:	default (2).jpg
Views:	25
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	1886245

‚Äč

And here is the 40 coupe in process :

Click image for larger version  Name:	40 Ford coupe_zps4qncvemt.jpg Views:	0 Size:	20.7 KB ID:	1886070
            As you see, the date is December 1960 . I turned 16 in October 1960. That's when I got this coupe I was gas welding in the chrome holes at the time this was taken. My Dad's garage was to the left and out of picture. His garage was a one car and he used it in his "junk yard " business . I could use it at night sometimes, but as you see, this was a dirt yard project. The lowering had already been done and the engine had been removed . Right behind a 53 Stude. coupe, the 40 Ford was, and is one of my favorites
            Last edited by Flashback; 03-20-2021, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X