AM General sold to KPS Capital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AM General sold to KPS Capital

Briggs & Stratton and AM General are under the same ownership now. No doubt, a move to protect previous ownership from the uncertainty of defense spending after January 2021. Previous ownership got burned in his coal mining businesses in 2009, so this doesn't surprise me one bit:

https://www.wndu.com/2020/07/22/am-g...tions-unclear/

Here is the KPS website. If you like Genesee or Labatt's Beer, they have been there and left:

https://www.kpsfund.com/

Comment

Very interesting. I wonder if General Motors may be interested in buying AM General to expand there military business? Or perhaps a Chinese or other foreign company may be interested.... but perhaps a foreign company is not allowed to sell military equipment to the U.S. government?

As for Briggs & Stratton, I am leaning towards a company like Electrolux (a Swedish company) becoming the future owner as they are a large conglomerate with a large presence in outdoor power equipment (Husqvarna, Jonsered, Poulan, etc).
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
        Very interesting. I wonder if General Motors may be interested in buying AM General to expand there military business? Or perhaps a Chinese or other foreign company may be interested.... but perhaps a foreign company is not allowed to sell military equipment to the U.S. government?
        It depends on the country and what type of equipment or product is being purchased. Canada: no problem. China: not possible.

Skip Lackie

Comment

B&S may well survive. It is just a reorg and refi...
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I'm not going to get too deep into who's going to end up with who, but KPS seems to have a record of rebuilding and not liquidating.

As far as GM, they had their shot with AM General, and blew it big time. Basically, because of the changes in Management during the "Bailout". AM General ran the H2 plant, and GM partnered with them on the marketing of H2. GM manufactured the H3 at the now closed Shreveport, LA Plant, and seemed poised to jump in to more with AM General. Probably can't say this here, but HUMMERS were not "Politically Correct" and the H2 plant was shut down, and the "New GM" got out of Mishawaka and Hummer fast. I can't see the "New GM" getting into anything that is related to defense, or isn't electric or eco-friendly. That's who runs GM now.

United Technologies or General Dynamics, possibly even Navistar. But, I said I wouldn't delve too deep. Just not today's GM.

Comment

Working...
            X