Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day

Thank You to ALL Veterans that have served our Great country, Past, Present, and Future. Without you, We would not have the freedoms that we so much enjoy in the USA.
    Here are a couple of videos for the "Boys who didn't come home"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWB5...ZJwazwLk9BTqes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRxGrN9pdKE

If you've never been to The American Cemetery at Normandy, or even to Arlington, they are both awesome!

Memorial Day is NOT about a race, or Barbeques, it is about the sacrifices that of Men & Women that gave it all for their country.

I have made it a point to Thank a Veteran when I see them out and about,

Thank You Veterans

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Thank you Veterans, and God Bless Those Who Gave All!
    J & J Sinclair
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

I copied this from a Craigslist posting. It is more eloquent and to the point than I could ever write:

The meaning of Memorial Day.
      I wish to comment on Memorial Day. Having spent 20 plus years as a United States Sailor , I get many people who, on or around Memorial Day, thank me for my service and shake my hand, give me a hug, or buy me a beer. Now, I will never turn away from a hand offered in friendship or to tipping back a free beer, nor would any other veteran. However, Memorial Day is dedicated to thanking, honoring, and remembering those whose hands we cannot shake, cannot be hugged and cannot share a beer with us. Why, because they are dead. That day is the day we celebrate those who gave their life defending our country, our freedoms, and our way of life. Every day for 20 years I gave Uncle Sam a blank check cashable up to and including my life. Thankfully he never collected in full, so shake my hand or buy me that beer on Veteran's Day but not Memorial Day, that day is for those who had that check cashed. So this weekend while you are grilling, picnicking, spending time with your family and friends, bow your head for a moment and thank those angels and let them know their sacrifice will not be forgotten and was not in vain. God bless America and let freedom ring.

Please pass this on, not for me, but for the mother who still weeps for her son, the wife who now sleeps alone, the child who can only hug her daddy by grasping on to a hard, cold stone.

Bob Miles

Comment

Thank you to Bob Miles. What he posted is what I was thinking, but written better than I would have.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Well-stated, Bob, no matter who originally wrote it. Thanks so much for that important distinction. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks Vets for your service!
            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Working...
            X