Drown the Pandemic???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drown the Pandemic???

If this virus can be washed away by water...here in the Western Carolinas, and up in Central Michigan...there should be a huge decrease of the virus in the last few days! Here, starting late Sunday, it began to rain and has not stopped. Yesterday evening, I slogged down to where my chicken coop and pen is located. Although I'm on a hill, the chicken's area currently looks as if it would be better suited for a flock of ducks. My garden resembles a rice paddy. This morning's news is reporting dams being breached with resulting flooding in Michigan, and in my corner of the south, multiple flooded roads and more accidents than they can keep up with. My rain gauge that measures up to six inches of rain was full by Monday afternoon.

Not all my "old iron" vehicles are Studebakers. In addition to farm implements, I have a couple of old heavy 1930s metal wheelbarrows. Pictured is a wheelbarrow full of rain that contains one of my (unknown) neighbors wayward golf balls. Probably a water hazard he didn't anticipate. Actually, I found it while walking the pasture a few days ago and tossed it into the wheelbarrow.

If there is any forum member that lives near the Michigan flood zones...I'm hoping you are safe.

Click image for larger version  Name:	wheelbarrow full of rain May2020.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.4 KB ID:	1836888
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975
Working...
X