Lost City of the Monkey God - a good read of a true adventure and timely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost City of the Monkey God - a good read of a true adventure and timely

My wife has been reading "Lost City of the Monkey God", a 2017 book about searching for and finding a long-lost, ancient city in Honduras in 2015-2016. It's a true story about a civilization that existed and thrived, then disappeared about the time the Spanish came to central America. One theory for the disappearance of the people is that they were wiped out by leishmaniasis, a disease carried by sand flies. Interestingly, the author interviewed Dr. Anthony Fauci of NIH and Bill Gates, who both predicted in 2017 that a pandemic was likely in the future - and here we are!

Anyway, the book is a good read and available as an e-book on Amazon. Something to pass the time at home.
    Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
    ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
    '48 M5
    '65 Wagonaire Commander
    '63 Wagonaire Standard
    web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Originally posted by garyash View Post
    My wife has been reading "Lost City of the Monkey God", a 2017 book about searching for and finding a long-lost, ancient city in Honduras in 2015-2016. It's a true story about a civilization that existed and thrived, then disappeared about the time the Spanish came to central America. One theory for the disappearance of the people is that they were wiped out by leishmaniasis, a disease carried by sand flies. Interestingly, the author interviewed Dr. Anthony Fauci of NIH and Bill Gates, who both predicted in 2017 that a pandemic was likely in the future - and here we are!

Anyway, the book is a good read and available as an e-book on Amazon. Something to pass the time at home.
    Thanks Gary, just downloaded the audiobook from the local library. It's kept my interest for over an hour and I'm looking forward to more tomorrow. Moves along well while introducing the corpus of the story.

Bob

Comment

I read this book sometime last year and it is a really well written, interesting true story. Enjoy.
      Nick

Comment

Just downloaded it . Now on chapter 6.
        Thanks,Gary for recommending it.
        John

Comment

I bought a copy at B&N, gave it to my sister for her birthday. Then after she read it, I read it.

Comment

Working...
          X