Great ad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great ad!

Well...during these serious times...sometimes, it's good to see the humor in things. For a couple of months, I have set up a search for tractor ads on craigslist. There are lots of scam ads for tractors. I'm looking for a deal on an old tractor I can use a few times a year that require a little more muscle than my garden tractors. My old 1952 Ford 8N is too tired and if I can find a good enough deal, I will buy a little more modern tractor and sell the 8N.

Anyway, setting up my search, I used the broad term tractor. I get craigslist emails alerting me to all sorts of ads. Even if it is not a tractor if the ad mentions the word tractor...I get an email. A few minutes ago...I got a notice that there are 5 new tractor ads. Clicking on this one revealed the following...

"Back by popular demand! All Natural, All Organic, Straight from the Southend of a North Bound Cow, MANURE!!

This is the perfect time to start working composted manure into your flower and garden beds. Our animals are fed 100% grass and hay with no pesticides and no antibiotics or growth hormones. This manure is as natural as it comes!

$10 a
    tractor scoop. Bring $25 and we will give you 3 scoops providing your truck or trailer can hold the weight. Thanks for looking!"
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Well that's a load **it

Comment

Ah....... At last, truth in political ads. We have hope. Sherm, 63R1089 / Green Bay

Comment

What I like about the ad is that it is a serious ad and artfully constructed by someone who honestly describes their product in a manner that lets you know their terms without taking themselves too seriously. Clearly...they're not interested in loading you up with more crap than you can handle. An example many of us should probably follow these days.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
          Clearly...they're not interested in loading you up with more crap than you can handle.
          I sure hope you don't use your nice little '55 pickup truck to haul a load of it home!!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

I sure hope you don't use your nice little '55 pickup truck to haul a load of it home!!

Craig
            Not me, Craig...I have my own supply. Not cows, but just on a smaller scale. Kinda like little M & M's scattered about.

(This is my very first (I think) attempt at posting a picture in stovehuggers with this new so-called forum upgrade. As I was typing the post, it appeared as a link but posted as a picture on my monitor when I clicked the "preview." Someone let me know if it posts as a picture for you. Thanks.)

John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Posted fine as a picture, John.
              Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
              '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
              '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
              '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Picture looks good here, John. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks, guys, for letting me know the pic posted. This afternoon, I was out in my hammock in the pasture. Enjoying some meditation and reflection in the relative silence of this "virus isolation period." I had opened a gate to allow those two little goats some grazing time in this section of the pasture. Off in the distance, at first kinda faint, was the drone of an ultralight aircraft. Once I took notice, I realized it was flying low and headed my way. Then...panic! No, not me, but the goats. They scrambled under the hammock. It is very odd to see these animals gazing at the sky. Most of their entire lives these types of animals are always seen with their heads to the ground. Probably, in less than a minute, the little aircraft had flown over, the goats calmed down, and returned to their normal grazing. Blast it all...why can't I remember to grab my phone and video these neat little events in time?
                  The reaction of these little animals to that (to them) huge loud bird was precious. A picture or video would be better than anything I could describe.
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                  X