Grim News...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grim News...

Well then, I've got some news for ya'll concerning my father. As it turns out, the "stomach bug" he picked up was actually a particularly nasty strain of pneumonia. His doctor at the hospital told him he should have died, as it was the nastiest case the hospital had yet seen. However, while he is now cured of that, he has another aliment. CANCER. Two separate types to be precise: lymphoma AND leukemia. He is expected to be discharged from the hospital this Friday. My uncle Jerry, who's a priest over a whole parish over at Boca Raton, has been relieved of duty by the local bishop. For that reason, he's going to be staying with my dad as a temporary caretaker. I'll join him. My dad was always proud of me for my stoic attitude towards emergencies. It doesn't do anyone good to panic.
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

'Sorry to hear that, Jake. All the best. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Sorry to read of this. All of my best to you and your father.
      I am scheduled for surgery at my bladder next Wednesday. I am expecting that it may be postponed because of the current virus situation loading up hospitals and medical staff. Cathy and I have both survived cancer. I am not saying this to lessen your father's situation and do not want you to take it as a me-too. He is much younger than Cathy and I are and he has a good chance of fighting this.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Jake,
        So very sorry to hear that. I pray your dad finds the strength for whatever is to come. My youngest brother has stage IV colorectal cancer and, sometimes, there are just no words. Spend as much quality time with your dad as possible, you will never regret it.
        Joe Hall

Comment

Jake, I hope everything turns out best for your dad. He's young enough where he should hopefully beat the cancer. Just don't let him neglect regular checkups afterwards.

Craig

Comment

Sorry to hear that Jake. I hope things work out for the best. He'll appreciate that strong support from you and your uncle.
            Andy
            62 GT

Comment

Great attitude. Sorry to hear about your father but your attitude and demeanor will be greatly appreciated by him. It's hard to explain but to see your son/daughter stand strongly in difficult situations is a great feeling for a father.

Hoping for the best, Bob

Comment

Sorry to hear the update, Jake. All of our thoughts and best of luck are send your way. Focus on the important things and keep a positive attitude.
                "Every man I meet on the street is superior to me in some respect, and from that I can learn."
                R.W. Emerson

Comment

Jake, being a cancer survivor myself and losing a brother to cancer, I am very sorry to hear this news about your father. The very word "cancer" can be scary, but many recover. I hope your father is one of them. Remember, being stoic can be a virtue on your part but don't hold back your feelings. Let your father know he is being encouraged by your Studebaker community.
                  Ed Sallia
                  Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Jake,
                    Good thoughts and well wishes from Western Canada for your Dad to beat this latest setback. Your stoic attitude and positive demeanor will be a real winner for your father as he will be relying on you in his time of need.
                    Best of luck,
                    Bill & Sonja

Comment

Jake - I'll add your pop to my daily prayer list!
                      Yes, tell him Stude friends care - even ones he's not met yet.

Comment

Jake I am sad to hear about your father.

John S.

Comment

Originally posted by tomnoller View Post
                          Jake - I'll add your pop to my daily prayer list!
                          Yes, tell him Stude friends care - even ones he's not met yet.
                          Same here...my church group has a prayer list and most of the folks on that list receive prayers from their local church family. Here,(this forum) your father will benefit from prayers internationally.

It is one of the benefits of a worldwide forum and the SDC allowing us to have this stovehuggers section of our forum.
                          John Clary
                          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Heavy stuff... I sure hope your dad makes it!
                            Last edited by Noxnabaker; 03-19-2020, 11:46 AM.
                            sigpic

Josephine
                            Champion V8
                            4d sedan

Comment

Working...
                            X