Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 345 DeSoto
    replied
    I make it a point to never argue with a computer screen...

Leave a comment:

• wittsend
    replied
    Inquire of the troll if he knows who Wally Booth was. If he doesn't perhaps it would be best to educate him. https://www.hemmings.com/blog/article/a-hornets-sting/

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Every time you feed a troll they just get hungrier.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff_H
    replied
    It took me a while in my younger days to realize that the whole goal of trolls like this is to get a reaction out of you. For some folks, this is fun and entertainment to them. Would not surprise me at all if they believe 0% of what they are saying. The goal is to get you mad and laugh at you. This happens in real life too and its pretty hard not to take the bait.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Yeah, Jake; what's been said here.

It's tough to ignore trolls but it's something that must be done to avoid wasting your time and becoming frustrated. Nothing irritates them more than being ignored...so if they irritate you, you can irritate them more by ignoring them! BP

Leave a comment:

• Commander Eddie
    replied
    Jake, some sound advice here. Stay away from these comment sections. It seems the only people who contribute to them are people who have an unassailable opinion and need to express it, or those who would not have a good thing so say about anything or anyone who did not agree with them. I made the mistake of trying to "contribute" to the conversation a few times and got kicked in the teeth for my audacity. These are mean, nasty people who live in a world of hate and vitriol. Leave them to fester in their little world.

Leave a comment:

• Noxnabaker
    replied
    Ever noticed kids in the age 9-13 always have to speak as many words as possible as fast as possible & in that also trying to throw out as many idiotic words as possible..? Some find it so extremly funny that they just forget to grow up in their heads.
    & a car without a roof??? I'd lift out the Hemi & put it in a real car instead...

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I do not recommend continuing, but if you do, you could point out that he claims to own a Plymouth and Plymouth has not been on the market for many years (your lifetime). I do not have anything against Plymouth, just pointing out the fact that they are also no longer manufactured. I sold new and used Plymouths and have personally owned new (two of my seven new cars) and used Plymouths.

Leave a comment:

• creegster
    replied
    Yeah, you are never going to "win" this argument with them. If you are enjoying the exchange, then continue; but this person looks to be one of those types who will NEVER admit they are wrong, no matter the consequences.
    So the best you could possibly hope for is to agree to disagree. But even that is highly unlikely. Dont get too worked up, as this person looks to have a miserable existence if they are putting so much effort into this argument. Be ready to walk away if it becomes too much.

Leave a comment:

• dleroux
    replied
    It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.
    - Maurice Switzer & not A. Lincoln nor M. Twain.
    Look it up

Leave a comment:

• 6hk71400
    replied
    A wise person told me long ago that it takes two sticks to light a fire. Sometime I forget that but this does reinforce this lesson. Probably would be frustrating for someone that wants to fuss if no one responded.

Mark Twain and Winston Churchill and others: Never have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Bob Miles

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• r1lark
    replied
    Don't feed the trolls, just ignore them.

Leave a comment:

• Stude Shoo-wop!
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
    Just tell them to F off.
    Originally posted by ddub View Post
    Never get in a stink contest with a skunk.
    I learned my lesson. The hard way, but still. I need to learn to use F-off in my vocabulary for jerks. *Sigh* Sometimes I think I'm too polite for my own good.

Leave a comment:

• ddub
    replied
    Never get in a stink contest with a skunk.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X