Clear All

• Gear Head Tuesday - The Nash-Healey

http://56packardman.com/2020/01/14/g...e-nash-healey/

Click image for larger version

Name:	54 Nash-Healey Le Mans coupe lf.jpeg
Views:	169
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	1816946

Ah…the Nash-Healey, a concept that came right from soon-to-be-united Hudson’s Italia, turned into a Superman starlet, and then gradually forgotten as the days rolled by. While I recognize that my ’62 GT Hawk isn’t nearly as rare as this one, I still do get a very distinctive and whimsical feeling whilst driving it.

It’s almost as though the Nash, like the Studebaker, is an odd duck that is really going to be embraced only by a few people. Those few will get a proper treat however…
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

The body is built in Italy by Pininfarina, the most used body builder for Ferraris. Expect the car to have good but light details but to be very typical for rust vulnerability. I imagine with the hopped up Nash engine it will keep up with traffic and more.
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

An associate of mine here in Arizona lives in Nevada and he purchased the 4 door sedan LeMans version just to get the performance twin carb engine for his Nash Healey. That engine less Ambassador hulk is available for any Nash fans. It even has power windows. (6 volt??)
        Bill
        PS: Sorry can't post a pic as my file exceeds 125.

Comment

Working...
        X