1968 challenger 2 streamliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968 challenger 2 streamliner

Did you see what this ultimate Man Cave Challenger sold for at Mecum Kissimmee? If I recall it was about one half a million!
    Bill

They also threw in the trailer and truck to pull it.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

$510,000 plus buyers fees.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Go figure...that car was a give-away especially compared to the price the 'Bullitt' car commanded! cheers, junior

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/01/13/...peed-car-sold/
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Its a shame he had to sell it , His Dad Mickey built in the late sixties and he rebuilt it to race it , But the bills had to be paid and he was almost broke , Ed

Comment

Yes, it is a shame. I have an old copy of Mickey's book from back then. He was amazing!
            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Was the Thompson's murder ever put to rest? I don't recall definitively seeing it come to fruition. There was something about a former partner but that's all I recall. So sad for such an entrepreneur and innovator to have his life ended in such a manner.
              Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                Was the Thompson's murder ever put to rest? I don't recall definitively seeing it come to fruition. There was something about a former partner but that's all I recall. So sad for such an entrepreneur and innovator to have his life ended in such a manner.
                Bill
                From the link in post #4 ..."Mickey Thompson and his wife were murdered by hitmen in 1988; a former business partner of his was convicted in 2007 of hiring the hitmen, who have never been identified, and sentenced to two consecutive terms of life without parole."

cheers, junior
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Wow, Thanks for the info Junior. So sad of an end.
                  Bill

Comment

Mickey was a genius. Just think what he could have accomplished if he had lived.
                    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I am guessing he borrowed money from the wrong folks?
                      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I am guessing he borrowed money from the wrong folks?
                        Not Mickey. His crooked partner did.

Comment

Working...
                        X