Wildfires Down Under, And Our Studebaker Friends There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildfires Down Under, And Our Studebaker Friends There

For over a week now, I've been hearing about devastating wildfires down under, that only seem to get worse. Hoping all our Studebaker friends there are OK. I recently heard from one, who said he is OK, but it sounds like he in one of the lucky ones. Also, it sounds like the wildlife is also suffering, and many have perished. Praying for Australia, and our Studebaker friends down there.

I too have been watching the news updates and hope not only our Stude friends are OK, but all our Aussie friends and the wildlife down there get through this without harm. Bill

Comment

It does appear to be pretty serious. I read that both the United States and Canada have sent firefighters and equipment to help them battle it. Hopefully they get it under control pretty quickly.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I hear thousands of koala and kangaroo have perished.

Comment

The number I heard on the news last night was approximately 1/2 million wildlife lost. This is a real bad situation for Australia. Bill

Comment

I would like to see these Canadian national treasures resurrected to assist down under.
            https://www.albernivalleynews.com/ne...-past-coulson/

Comment

I read that 14 wilderness firefighters from Oregon went down there to help. Everything about these fires is a real tragedy. The loss of wildlife is appalling.
              I hope some of our Aussie friends check in here and give us their stories and updates.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Colgate Studebaker View Post
                The number I heard on the news last night was approximately 1/2 million wildlife lost. This is a real bad situation for Australia. Bill
                It's actually almost half a billion (estimated 480 million). Horrible.
                3H-C5 "The Blue Goose"

Comment

It's not just wildlife. Domestic livestock are running in to fences, getting trapped and perishing en masse.

https://www.facebook.com/thenewBatlo...7552922118205/
                  Last edited by rockne10; 01-05-2020, 02:42 PM.
                  "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Working...
                  X