battery jump starters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery jump starters.

With so many jump starters on the market (Lithium) I would like to get a general consensus of the members as to what they use to boost dead car batteries. I do have a combo battery booster/charger from 1975 in the garage but that thing is a monster and a PITA to get to.
    Most of the reviews of the NOCO GB-40 are not too good........and I was told that is a top brand. Which is why is seek a consensus of the members.
    Thanks in advance!

My Anti Gravity XP-1 has been amazing for 3 years; only issue is I have an early model with inferior clamps.
    Can't say I've started a totally dead battery; all rescues have had some battery function.
    These things are amazing.

Comment

I never have dead battery issues anymore, unless the battery has simply been in place for too many decades.
      Each of my cars are hooked to a Deltrans 1.25A Battery Tender Junior. They are available in either 6-volt or 12-volt. Regardless of how long the car sits it keeps the battery right where it needs to be. The Deltrans also recognizes power outages and turns itself back on when required.
      I went too many years without one of these marvelous little devices.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10,
      '51 Commander Starlight,
      '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

I have used the "Viking " compact power pack , from Harbor Freight to start several vehicles .
        In particular , a totally dead battery in a 318 dodge pickup of mine , started with no difficulty at all .
        2 other trucks , and a welding generator with a dead battery , also were started with it on separate occasions .
        On my race car , I use the Battery Tender , as noted above for long term maintenance .
        Bill H
        Daytona Beach
        SDC member since 1970
        Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Originally posted by shifter4 View Post
          I have used the "Viking " compact power pack , from Harbor Freight to start several vehicles .
          In particular , a totally dead battery in a 318 dodge pickup of mine , started with no difficulty at all .
          2 other trucks , and a welding generator with a dead battery , also were started with it on separate occasions .
          On my race car , I use the Battery Tender , as noted above for long term maintenance .
          Many thanks to all........!!

Comment

I have been in the car/garage business all my life. We have tried so many different brands. But by far, the best we have ever had is theJNC ( jump-n- carry) brand. It amazes me how many different ones are still out there that in real world usage just aren’t worth a crap.

The fad today is those mini ones that fit in your glove box. I have tried a few of those, and have not found any of them to be good for anything other than maybe charging your phone. Someday that technology will be better, but today is not that day.

I bought this one at least 15 years ago. Yes it was a little more, but it still works like a champ. It’s been dropped, falling into a fan, kicked around, you name it. it just keeps on working. Be aware though that like a regular car battery these are very heavy. But they do not mess around when you need them.

https://www.nationaltoolwarehouse.co...SABEgKvlPD_BwE

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Went out to the car today and attempted to start her...........labored slow cranking............then nothing. Well I dragged out the humongous SOLUS 250 amp booster from 1975. Hooked her up hit the key, fired right up after two cranks! Think I will just keep what works!:-)

Comment

Working...
              X