battery jump starters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery jump starters.

With so many jump starters on the market (Lithium) I would like to get a general consensus of the members as to what they use to boost dead car batteries. I do have a combo battery booster/charger from 1975 in the garage but that thing is a monster and a PITA to get to.
    Most of the reviews of the NOCO GB-40 are not too good........and I was told that is a top brand. Which is why is seek a consensus of the members.
    Thanks in advance!

My Anti Gravity XP-1 has been amazing for 3 years; only issue is I have an early model with inferior clamps.
    Can't say I've started a totally dead battery; all rescues have had some battery function.
    These things are amazing.

Comment

I never have dead battery issues anymore, unless the battery has simply been in place for too many decades.
      Each of my cars are hooked to a Deltrans 1.25A Battery Tender Junior. They are available in either 6-volt or 12-volt. Regardless of how long the car sits it keeps the battery right where it needs to be. The Deltrans also recognizes power outages and turns itself back on when required.
      I went too many years without one of these marvelous little devices.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I have used the "Viking " compact power pack , from Harbor Freight to start several vehicles .
        In particular , a totally dead battery in a 318 dodge pickup of mine , started with no difficulty at all .
        2 other trucks , and a welding generator with a dead battery , also were started with it on separate occasions .
        On my race car , I use the Battery Tender , as noted above for long term maintenance .
        Bill H
        Daytona Beach
        SDC member since 1970
        Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Originally posted by shifter4 View Post
          I have used the "Viking " compact power pack , from Harbor Freight to start several vehicles .
          In particular , a totally dead battery in a 318 dodge pickup of mine , started with no difficulty at all .
          2 other trucks , and a welding generator with a dead battery , also were started with it on separate occasions .
          On my race car , I use the Battery Tender , as noted above for long term maintenance .
          Many thanks to all........!!

Comment

Working...
          X