Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contemporary Jay Leno interview: Status of the Hobby

Jay Leno is certainly a nice, level-headed guy. Here's a good interview:

https://journal.classiccars.com/2019/11/27/jay-leno-on-cars-motorcycles-and-the-next-generation/

BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Thanks for posting this. It is an interesting interview.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Very enjoyable read. The relative age of a classic was what I related to.
      Last week waiting for the left turn light at an intersection, a very clean white 1984 Toyota Celica GTS notchback caught my attention. Only after the car completed its turn did I notice it was following a red Ferrari 458 Spyder. Doubtful the driver of the red car would appreciate that a car that sells for "tire money" made his supercar relatively invisible.

True, if the only music that's playing at car events is "golden oldies", it says to youth, "This isn't really for you." I know more fans of '59-'64 Chevies into rap than rock and roll. Same with '68-'72 GM A-bodies.

I think most of us encourage kids (and grownups) to climb behind the wheel to appreciate the feel of the old car.

One mother (at the Pixar car show) was overjoyed to start up the Hawk and feel and hear all the mechanical sensations. Her first words to her husband were, "We have to get one of these."
      Last edited by Andy R.; 11-29-2019, 10:20 AM.
      Andy
      62 GT

Comment

VERY interesting! Thanks Bob.
        Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
        '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
        '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
        '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Working...
        X