I smell a rat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I smell a rat!

I'm selling my wife's Subaru Outback on a local Kijiji site.(similar to craigslist)
    It went something like this:
    I am interested in your car, is it still for sale?
    I replied stating yes with my phone number so we could discuss it. (No phone call).
    His reply:
    ā€‹
    Khan L. Riise Mon, Oct 14, 9:36 AM (1 day ago)
    Alright am Khan, I live here in Ohio and i work at Wright-Patterson AFB, I'm making this purchase for my son as a surprise gift for his upcoming birthday, he lives in Cariboo (an area a couple of hundred miles away).
    Khan: Okay good do you still have the title for it or bill of sale? Do you have eTransfer or PayPal account to receive the fund?
    Me:
    I have a PayPal account and the car is registered in my name.
    Good i will like you to send me your
    Full name
    PayPal email
    Now you know why I smell a rat.
    How can they work this as a scam if you use your PayPal account?
    Needless to say I'm not going any further. This is the second scam regarding this very car.
    What a world we now live in!
    Bill

Even if the deal is on the up and up, PP will refund his money from your account and he is not required to return any item bought, Ask me how I know.

Have the money transferred through WALL MART he can't call fowl and get a refund.

Comment

I would fuggedaboudit....scam.
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I find it humorous that a buzzard would smell a rat....
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thanks for the laugh Jeff!! It must be that new Florida air.

Comment

Bill, I hope you find a legitimate buyer soon. It must be frustrating. I guess I have had unusual luck selling vehicles on Craigslist. Never had a problem.
            I have had scammers contact me when I advertised in Turning Wheels. Go figure.
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I never sell anything on line for the very real possibility of something going seriously wrong. More scams than ever. Sell locally is my motto. Meet the interested party face to face so you have a chance at "reading" their intent. When you have the agreed cash amount in hand then you can turn her over to the new owner. Old school but much more reliable.

Comment

I recently used Facebook Marketplace to sell a pickup. Went to a neighbor less than a mile away. Cost nothing. Easy Peazy
                Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                50 Champion 2 door*
                53 Commander K Auto*
                53 Commander K overdrive*
                55 President Speedster
                62 GT 4Speed*
                63 Avanti R1*
                64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

The buzzard family was going on a trip. It was a very long way so they decided to fly on an airplane.

They each decided to take a dead rat on board as a snack for the very long trip.

The stewardess stopped them at the door to the plane. ā€œIā€™m sorry, there is no carrion allowed on this flight.ā€

Comment

Working...
                  X