Amazon returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon returns

I ordered a pair of air shocks for the rear of my 1994 Toyota PU from Amazon. They were not what I expected. I decided I wanted to return them. I was expecting the ordeal to be a huge hassle. I went on the Amazon site, saw a 'returns' button. Clicked that. Wrote a short sentence explaining why I wanted to return the shocks. They emailed me a QR code. I stopped by the UPS Store, they scanned the QR code on my phone and I was out the door in less than a minute.
    I don't do many returns because it's such a hassle. I usually just throw the item up on the shelf and let Deby worry about it when I'm dead and gone.
    This was the easiest return I have ever made.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

They've got the return thing right as you found out. I suspect you also got the return cost free as they were not what you expected.

They usually only charge for returns you ordered and want to return because you just didn't want the item and even then the cost is nominal.

BTW, QR code on your phone - Jerry's a geek!!!! I kid because I get crap from the old guys I know 'cause I use stuff like that on my smart phone too.
    , ,

Comment

Jerry is much more of a nerd than a geek.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

I purchased a holster for a firearm from Amazon. It did not fit. I went through the return procedure just like Mr. Forrester with the same results. I took the item to a local department store. The approved receipt I got also included a 25% discount on a purchase at the store for 7 days. However, it has been a week and the credit has not been posted on my Visa account yet.
        Perry
        \'50 Business Champ,
        \'50 Starlight Champ,
        \'60 Lark Convertible,
        \'63 GT R1,
        \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Even better is your money was returned the instant they scanned it at the UPS store.

Of interest is to know that a lot of what gets returned does not go back into Amazon inventory.
          A lot of it goes to a warehouse and gets put in large pallet boxes and then auctioned off.

One guy was just arrested for ordering stuff, putting the correct weight in sand in the return box and sending it back to Amazon.
          Auction buyers were bitching that they were buying sand at auction.
          Amazon had to set up a divert for this guys returns to catch him and prosecute him..
          Fraud is fraud...
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Speaking of Amazon.....

https://www.charlottestories.com/new...from-1-3-each/
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Small or inexpensive items you want to return to Amazon will often not only get immediate credit or refund but they'll tell you to keep the item. I guess the shipping and handling for such things must exceed the cost of simply allowing you to hang on to it.
              Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I've been called a lot of names in my life but nerd and geek are not among them.
                I'm so naive, uneducated and inept I don't know if I'm being insulted or complemented.
                BTW. There was no charge for returning the shocks.
                Jerry Forrester
                Forrester's Chrome
                Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

My girlfriend has made returns to Amazon,through our local Khol's store. No need to even package it up! Very convenient. And as fpstude said,she also got a coupon from the store for some money off of her next purchase.
                  Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
                  X